Need some advice,procharger or 177blower >

Need some advice,procharger or 177blower

Notices

Need some advice,procharger or 177blower

Old 01-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
if she was his sister he would have a lot more friends!
Actually is my sister. . . But I don't like friends. They are a pain in the ass. That part is true
Old 01-09-2017, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Younggun253
Also my boat barely sees over 4800 rpm,I never beat her,an it never runs over 130/135 temp..am I going to blow anything up with either of these set ups??
Hey bud, you are clearly in denial! As soon as you do that engine work, you will pound that throttle! If you don't, why bother?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 177 s are far easier to tune then that projunk and the fuel system stays basically stock 2c
Old 01-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
In that case the 177 was basically a restriction and air heater. Best to keep them on the small blocks.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we ran 177 setup on a 482, and a M3 procharger on a 500hp, to me the procharger setup is a better deal, the M1 is a very small unit and about 5psi is it on that engine, the 177 to small period in my opinion. need to tune with a wideband, we also ran with EFI and 2 different carb setups on the PC, the carb ib the box works ok but is a pain to do anything with, even down to idle speed
Old 01-09-2017, 07:30 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
There`s another option: leave it alone till you can afford to do it right.
Speaking from past experiances this is the absolute BEST option.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
Say it isn't so!!

I've been preaching my trials and tribulations of blown 454's here for years now, and how ditching those mini blowers, is the best mod you can make.

So, they had a 454, with Dart 308 iron eagles, a 236/244 hyd roller, and made 566hp. Then they bolted on a 671, and made 691hp. Then they turned the boost up , and made 782hp with the 6-71.

Probably explains why when I went from a 177 blower setup on my 454's, to 420 Mega blowers (slightly bigger than a 671), my old 38 Fountain gained over 10mph from the swap. I made 800hp wit the 420 blower combo, never dynoed the 177 combo.

They don't say what the boost was with the blowers in that article, but judging by the top pulley in the picture of the 177, it couldn't have been more than about 3psi, so that 566hp was probably able to be bumped to over 600 without an issue though with a pulley change.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I fought a procharger set up for three years on a tunnel jet deck boat M3sc kit and spent lots of extra$ to try and make it work ,not much help from the factory techs always got a different guy on the phone because the last guy left ? this was a blow through system with a pop off and a nickerson carb built for the set up .......................the blower was ripped off the front of the motor do to a $hit bracket right from prochaaaaarger .
We never had a full day of fun with this set up keep in mind this is a puddle jumper not a poker runner.
I put a b&m 250 on the very same motor and it has run perfectly for the last 5 years ...turn the KEY and go beat the piss out of it .
The best pass with the projunk was 98 mph one pass and got towed in from procharger hardware failing
The best pass with the roots blower is 105 mph with LESS wind 8psi compared to 11psi with the procharger.
I have never been towed in after installing the b&m the boat runs great every time and i only need 7lbs of fuel presure not 7 plus boost, easy choice in my mind no lap top needed or cnc mech guy to beef up the junk that comes in the pro kit ,no thimble of nasa oil to run in the gear case ,no miles of duct work to get pressurized air to the intake,no insane bearing loads or gear speeds.

Sorry for the rant I had a bad experience that cost us a few good summers I'm sure there new stuff is much better and there is lots of very talented guys on this board that make the procharger work in a boat and the car guys love them for 6-10 sec at a time..........good luck and have fun
Old 01-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightning jet
I fought a procharger set up for three years on a tunnel jet deck boat M3sc kit and spent lots of extra$ to try and make it work ,not much help from the factory techs always got a different guy on the phone because the last guy left ? this was a blow through system with a pop off and a nickerson carb built for the set up .......................the blower was ripped off the front of the motor do to a $hit bracket right from prochaaaaarger .
We never had a full day of fun with this set up keep in mind this is a puddle jumper not a poker runner.
I put a b&m 250 on the very same motor and it has run perfectly for the last 5 years ...turn the KEY and go beat the piss out of it .
The best pass with the projunk was 98 mph one pass and got towed in from procharger hardware failing
The best pass with the roots blower is 105 mph with LESS wind 8psi compared to 11psi with the procharger.
I have never been towed in after installing the b&m the boat runs great every time and i only need 7lbs of fuel presure not 7 plus boost, easy choice in my mind no lap top needed or cnc mech guy to beef up the junk that comes in the pro kit ,no thimble of nasa oil to run in the gear case ,no miles of duct work to get pressurized air to the intake,no insane bearing loads or gear speeds.

Sorry for the rant I had a bad experience that cost us a few good summers I'm sure there new stuff is much better and there is lots of very talented guys on this board that make the procharger work in a boat and the car guys love them for 6-10 sec at a time..........good luck and have fun
Same here had had nothing but trouble with a procharger , leaked oil from day one and when we opened it the casing was full of JB weld .
First they denied it then said we put it on if the casting doesn't come out too good , I guess mine didn't come out too good , they used best part of both tubes.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by paul buckner
Same here had had nothing but trouble with a procharger , leaked oil from day one and when we opened it the casing was full of JB weld .
First they denied it then said we put it on if the casting doesn't come out too good , I guess mine didn't come out too good , they used best part of both tubes.
Sounds like a lie
how is a casting not going to come out "good" the entire process is automated and computer controlled,they are not casting parts with sand molds in the desert of Iraq
Why spread fud and false information, whipplecharger company is that you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.