Need a pic of p/s pump on 454/502 MPI v-belt engine w/ ProCharger

Notices

Need a pic of p/s pump on 454/502 MPI v-belt engine w/ ProCharger

Old 01-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a pic of p/s pump on 454/502 MPI v-belt engine w/ ProCharger

Hello fellow OSO'ers,

I'm a few steps from finishing a ProCharger re-installation on a 502 MPI. The engine came to me in pieces and since I only have the installation manual for serpentine belt engines I have spent quite some time getting things back together as they once were supposed to sit. I have now stumbled on the p/s pump bracket, just can't find the correct way to install it. If anyone do have a ProCharger on a v-belted 454/502 mpi I would really appreciate a few pics of the p/s pump location and bracket.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alex
Hello fellow OSO'ers,

I'm a few steps from finishing a ProCharger re-installation on a 502 MPI. The engine came to me in pieces and since I only have the installation manual for serpentine belt engines I have spent quite some time getting things back together as they once were supposed to sit. I have now stumbled on the p/s pump bracket, just can't find the correct way to install it. If anyone do have a ProCharger on a v-belted 454/502 mpi I would really appreciate a few pics of the p/s pump location and bracket.

Thanks in advance
Hi there the powersteering pump goes on the right side of the motor below the procharger thats if your standing if front of the engine. You will need a bracket from procharger I believe to instsall it correctly. I have the same setup. But my boat is in storage right now and not able to take a pic of it for you right now. ill try and get a pic for you later. Hope this helps a little.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:36 AM
Registered

This has been a running installation so I should have all the pieces.
Would you say the p/s pump sits a little to the left, below the s/c, closer to the crank? If so I assume the alternator sits a little higher and further to the right, between the s/c bracket and the cylinder head? Seen from front ...
And the v-belts on the crank pulley, are the from front towards the timing cover in this order: p/s pump-sea water pump-alternator?

Thanks, Alex
Old 01-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

These aren't the best pics but should give you the general idea. I'll see if i have any better ones later. [ATTACH=CONFIG]563739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563742[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Need a pic of p/s pump on 454/502 MPI v-belt engine w/ ProCharger-20160224_103439.jpg   Need a pic of p/s pump on 454/502 MPI v-belt engine w/ ProCharger-20160303_104006.jpg   Need a pic of p/s pump on 454/502 MPI v-belt engine w/ ProCharger-20160520_110114.jpg  

Need a pic of p/s pump on 454/502 MPI v-belt engine w/ ProCharger-20160530_160333.jpg  
Old 01-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Registered

That clarifies everything!
I'm convinced those pictures are enough.

Thanks Alex

/Alex
Old 01-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some of them use a # of different length spacers on the brackets as well, call procharger they may be able to send you the page from the install manual that shows them, I had both the V-belt one and serpintene manuals but let them go with the boat
Old 01-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
some of them use a # of different length spacers on the brackets as well, call procharger they may be able to send you the page from the install manual that shows them, I had both the V-belt one and serpintene manuals but let them go with the boat
I got it all back where it should be thanks to Alex's (HaxbySpeed) pics. All those nine different spacers took some time to figure out but now it looks good and all the pulleys line up as they should
You don't see too many of those installs here, last time I worked on one were 4 years ago and that was a tuning job, not installation.

It's soon time for the next challenge, a HP500 EFI with D*rt heads that unfortunately lost a valve, probably because of an inconcentric valve seat. Not really a beautiful sight.

Have a good friday, friends!