Promaxx 320 flow numbers >

Promaxx 320 flow numbers

Notices

Promaxx 320 flow numbers

Old 01-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts
Default Promaxx 320 flow numbers

Just thought might be something different than what's been going on lately. Heads should be in today and Jim v should be on them relatively quickly. Outside of the initial quality inspection grinding will begin. Anyone care to take a guess on flow numbers.

I'm not concerned where they end up cause I know there in good hands. I will take a guess at numbers a little later.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I bet they are gonna flow pretty good. You sticking with the 2.25 valve?
Old 01-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I bet they are gonna flow pretty good. You sticking with the 2.25 valve?
2.300 I'm pretty sure.

Will be interesting but going to require some work. Heads are suppose to show up at his shop today. This is a little off the wall for me to go outside my comfort zone so to speak but why not give them a try. If they're not worthy I will hopefully keep anyone from making a mistake themselves. Pretty sure jims going to raise the floors on intakes. We'll look at intake manifolds as he moves along. Surprised he did mention at this point Super Victor over Sniper Jr. He is mocking up an intake with clay to help determine some things. We're looking at a 236/244 custom comp cam at this point but will more than likely have another shelf cam ready to do some back to back dyno pulls.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Registered

Rather than peck away at numbers it would be easier to compare to a cnc'd head.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Registered

Looking forward to hearing how they work out John. The price certainly looks great on the bare castings.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Registered

Looking forward to hearing how they work out John. The price certainly looks great on the bare castings.
Thanks MT. I will keep u and others of interest informed. They're definitely going to go beyond your normal light port job and blending but I will post numbers before and after regardless. Quality of casting is my biggest concern at this point but will soon find out.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Definitly watching this..

i have the short block at the shop right now, cam, blower, carb and exhaust.. only thing left to get is heads.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Registered

You really should pick a cam, after you pick heads Phragle. The flow characteristics of the head, is what dictates what the cam requirements should be .
Old 01-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Quality of casting is my biggest concern at this point but will soon find out.
I don't think you need to be worried about the quality of the castings. Jim and I spent a good half hour talking things over with Jason at ProMaxx at PRI. Jim fondled them for a bit also, he thought they looked pretty good for the $$$. There is a marine builder that has been using them for a couple of years with no issues. From their published flow #'s there might not be much work to do to them, but you never know. I stopped by after work today and I see he has a lot of new heads there to compare out of the box #'s to. New World Merlin, EQ320's, Dart 345's, Brodix SR-20's (F'n Huge!), some new Wieand tunnel rams and an Edelbrock single for the SR-20's. I'll stop by over the weekend and hopefully take a peak at your heads.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

You really should pick a cam, after you pick heads Phragle. The flow characteristics of the head, is what dictates what the cam requirements should be .
I had heads picked out, sitting on the shelf actually. But the cost of freshening them up and respringing vs what I can get a set of promaxx's for (setup with correct springs, inconel etc.) has me thinking about them. Building by a tried and true simple recipe, better heads would only improve. Though my main thought that has me looking to alum heads is the better cooling and ability to handle more compression. My compression range was already discussed with my builder and wont change with the alum heads if I go that route, It would be more of an overbuild idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.