Scorpion rockers >

Scorpion rockers

Notices

Scorpion rockers

Old 01-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
you stated that you formed your opinion a long time ago on the scorpion rocker arm.would you please tell us what made your mind up on them.
kevin,you have not answered my question so i can only figure your opinion was based on a personal thing and nothing factual with the product itself.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I had Erson junk rockers on my old engines thats what one engine had when I got them, the other had PBM rockers, no issues, them Erson looked like complete junk made in a garage, but never issues, I think most issues are unstable valvetrain or setup.. I might be wrong though...
Old 01-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put Scorpions in my 28 Elim with hydraulic roller setup. I still talk to the guy I sold to. No problems yet at all. That was 5 years ago. 200+hrs
Old 01-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Last year, when I was rocker arm shopping, the Crane Gold rockers, were MIA. Everywhere. Nobody had them in stock. Apparently, production on them stopped, and rumor was, they were being outsourced. I always liked the cranes, but obviosly, if you cant get them, then that does no good. I then began really liking the option of a steel rocker arm.

One of the things I've seen , on some aluminum rockers, including my old Crane Golds, was the Trunnions split in two. The Trunnions on the steel rockers, like the Comps, or Crowers, are massive in comparison. I chose to go with the new Comp Ultra XD magnum rockers, based on some info I had got on them. Basically, they were a new and improved design, that alot of technology went in to. Lifetime guarantee against breakage is a nice feature as well. They must feel pretty confident in them to offer that. Another option they offer on them, is an upgraded Trunnion, if you were to decide to run 1/2" diameter rocker studs, instead of 7/16.

We all know steel has a much better fatigue life, and the weight savings isn't there when comparing to an aluminum rocker. Basically, I saw no benefit to the aluminum rockers over them, or the Crowers.

I simply chose the Ultra XD rockers, based on the fact they were 100 bucks or so less than the Crowers, and they were something new. I like new stuff to try.
Joe are those Ultra XD's made in the USA? I will probably replace my Crane Gold rockers as a couple have some play in them that I don't like

Mark
Old 01-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCIG
Joe are those Ultra XD's made in the USA? I will probably replace my Crane Gold rockers as a couple have some play in them that I don't like

Mark
I do not know where they are made Mark. The Crane Golds used to be made in USA, but I do not think they are anymore. The Scorpion rockers are made in USA.

http://www.compcams.com/ultrapromagnum/

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/tech-st...asters-degree/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWK73ysF3Y
Old 01-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

I do not know where they are made Mark. The Crane Golds used to be made in USA, but I do not think they are anymore. The Scorpion rockers are made in USA.

http://www.compcams.com/ultrapromagnum/

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/tech-st...asters-degree/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWK73ysF3Y

That's pretty amazing lifetime warranty. Although I've always had great success with crane golds I know what I will be using in any future builds. What a nice piece.

Last edited by getrdunn; 01-22-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
That's pretty amazing lifetime warranty. Although I've always had great success with crane golds I know what I will be using in any future builds. What a nice piece.
That was my thoughts as well. I was trying to find a set of new crane 1.7 rockers with the TR fulcrums, but nobody had them in stock, anywhere. I decided to look into other options, and thats when I found these, and began looking into them.

I talked to too many people/engine builders that had Scorpion breakage the past few years, and that ruled those out for me.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

That was my thoughts as well. I was trying to find a set of new crane 1.7 rockers with the TR fulcrums, but nobody had them in stock, anywhere. I decided to look into other options, and thats when I found these, and began looking into them.

I talked to too many people/engine builders that had Scorpion breakage the past few years, and that ruled those out for me.
dart adjustable guide plates will be on new heads but what are your thoughts joe on different rockers/lengths offset like we discussed the differences last week that I think you posted. Really best to make that one of your last purchases on new builds and valvetrain should be rocker arms. Am I right?
Old 09-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Less than 100 Hrs Crane Gold --- HA

Not taking any chances again I am gong with
Jesel Shaft Rockers
Old 09-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

has it been hitting on the valve cover ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.