Saltwater used engine >

Saltwater used engine

Notices

Saltwater used engine

Old 02-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$4000 and it seems like a deal, but if it's time to rebuild it and I need a block, heads, intake, etc then the deal is not as great. It's a gamble and I'm on the fence. How much should I be willing to pay given what might need to be replaced. I don't mind work and I like deals. I did not ask many questions as you never know what to believe anyway.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

just saying,the bill to remove both engines and parts&labor to rebuild one was 6400 bucks,twin engine boat so total for both will be double.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
just saying,the bill to remove both engines and parts&labor to rebuild one was 6400 bucks,twin engine boat so total for both will be double.
Plus new exhaust....you can run stainless marine manifolds rather then headers with no power loss and half the price but like I said why rebuild motors and put a used condom on....
Old 02-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Drew555
Plus new exhaust....you can run stainless marine manifolds rather then headers with no power loss and half the price but like I said why rebuild motors and put a used condom on....
The exhaust are not saltwater used and were never ran with that engine. I believe those are fine. I can build or rebuild myself so just will have parts cost only.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kmiller
$4000 and it seems like a deal, but if it's time to rebuild it and I need a block, heads, intake, etc then the deal is not as great. It's a gamble and I'm on the fence. How much should I be willing to pay given what might need to be replaced. I don't mind work and I like deals. I did not ask many questions as you never know what to believe anyway.
This is what I wanted to see someone reply to! What should I pay for this? I can buy with out exhaust but there not from salt water and I believe those are fine. What's the engine worth? I figured the exhaust with tails are worth $1,200 to $1,400. So the engine only is what?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Registered

plan 1877. for a gm block and around 2 grand for heads depending on what you buy.if you feel good with that then buy it.as i said earlier,i would keep looking.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

depends where u live as far as salt goes .fla is bad up north not bad at all ,,I boat in salt everytime I go out .im on the river and drive to ocean .im 14 miles away .never flush my boat no need I come back up river in fresh .ive taken my motors apart and gen 6 502 blocks are perfect .so I say where its run has a lot to do with .and the theary of being on the coast line don't really stay true because of that ..you would never know my boat was used in salt and others that know my boat can vouch for it
Old 02-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mike tkach
plan 1877. for a gm block and around 2 grand for heads depending on what you buy.if you feel good with that then buy it.as i said earlier,i would keep looking.
Thanks Mike
I was just looking for others options as well. Stock hp500 parts are cheep. 088 heads can be found for much less the $2000. I'm looking at the value of items attached as well. I'm not replacing an engine as I don't have one and I will need everything. So there is value to ever part attached and the internals are replaceable.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Registered

yes if you want used parts it will save you some money ,until those parts fail or even worse they need work[money] before they can be used.it sounds like you have already made your decision on the engine and i hope it works out for you.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Registered

if you end up needing valves,springs retainers&keepers i have used take offs you can have for free,just pay shipping.edit in,these are from a 1995 hp 500 with unknown hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.