Coolant hose question >

Coolant hose question

Notices

Coolant hose question

Old 02-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant hose question

Sorting some issues out with my rebuilt motor. One of those was higher oil temps then i was happy with. Got to 235 in. COLD water after a 5 min run. Goes right back at idle.

Anyway i was doing some checking and found 2 things. 1 was a piece of air hose stuck inside the hose from the crossover to the intake. Guessing it was some kind of redneck water psi reducer. I removed it.

2nd was a severly kinked hose right after the seawater pump to the oil cooler. Like almost no flow. I removed the hose but it looks like i have a hodge podge of coolant hose. The piece that was kinked is about 9" long and then goes to another piece via acoupler that goes to the oil cooler.

Any clue where i could start to find this hose? Im assuming this isnt stock setup?
Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Stock may end up being right. They may have tried to replace a molded hose with something else and screwed it up.

http://m.go2marine.com/gstore/go2mar...er?catId=17513
Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 PM
Registered

Thanks. I think i can at least find something there to work with. I think if the kinked hose was a couple inches longer it would be fine. Ideally id like to find 1 hose that goes from the seawater pump to the oil cooler.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Registered

No problem. Here's some others. Not sure what engine you have but it lists from seawater pump to oil cooler on a couple.

http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/search_2/...l+Cooler+Hose+
Old 02-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Registered

502 in 280 velocity. Im gonna try one of them. I think mine is cut up because of the offshore motor mount. Mine has to come off the seawater pump go towards the rear about 6" then turn dwn and go to the back of the motor. Then turn to port side across the width of the motor and back up. The oil cooler is mounted on the floor centered on the port side of the motor.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:59 AM
Registered

Ok. My oil cooler is on back of engine so out hoses would be different. Hopefully one works.