502 Mag engine noise with video. >

502 Mag engine noise with video.

Notices

502 Mag engine noise with video.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Video not working for me - is it just me ?
It's photobucket, , the site is POS but still works, just get bombarded with adds. When the screen comes up your going see a buch of adds, and a message "continue to site". Click continue and you should see the vid
Old 04-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
It's photobucket, , the site is POS but still works, just get bombarded with adds. When the screen comes up your going see a buch of adds, and a message "continue to site". Click continue and you should see the vid
still one of the easiest hosts to use to share to web pages that have restrictions on size limits. that is the only reason i use it.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by RGPIII
still one of the easiest hosts to use to share to web pages that have restrictions on size limits. that is the only reason i use it.
Agree no fault of yours, I use to use it a lot until all the ads started.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:06 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Okay, well, I have Adblock Plus, so I guess it's blocking it all out including the vid. Oh well.

Edit in: I can click on his pics though.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I run ad-block. No ads and I can watch the video fine.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:27 PM
Registered

45-50 psi on the manual gauge. Pulled the rockers on the back 4 cylinders. All looked good pushrods too. Oil is still very clean.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts

PM sent. Candace's dad.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I can't load the video. I can view your photos but not the video.
Several people are saying "not enough oil to the top end".
I can't recall WHERE the oil pressure sender is located on your motor - but if you really DO have 40 psi into the block (beyond the filter loop and bypass spring), then you SHOULD have 40 psi to the lifter oil galleries.
Unlike some motors, the oil flow is not "timed" to the top end via a hole in a crank or cam bearing. BBC gets full time oiling to the lifters.
Oil goes into the block and to the back of the motor, then up to the rear cam journal and then thru a groove in that journal to the lifter galleries - the distributor has to fit properly or the right hand gallery won't get oil pressure. Aside from that, both galleries should be seeing whatever pressure you show on the gauge UNLESS there is a "LEAK" between the lifter bores and the rocker arms.

Best way to check for this is to turn the motor over until the first cylinder is on the compression stroke and both valves are closed - check to see if the lifter preload is "gone" by trying to rattle the rockers and spin the pushrod. Move to next cylinder, rotate crank to put it on compression, check the rockers. If all of the rockers have preload on them all the time, then there should be no place for oil pressure to be "lost" going up to those rockers.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Registered

Taken from the top rear port beside the distributor. This is at idle.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:44 AM
Registered

I still feel like there isnt enough oil getting up top to the rockers. it should be splashing and making a mess. its more like slow pooling and dripping down the rocker to the valve spring. It really sounds like the lifters aren't pumping up at all. oil has about 5-10 starts on it. two runs of less than 2 hours a piece, this season. Probably a total of 1 hour on the hose. same with the filter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.