Forward bilge pump problem -38ZX >

Forward bilge pump problem -38ZX

Notices

Forward bilge pump problem -38ZX

Old 09-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward bilge pump problem -38ZX

OK - a simple foward bilge pump replacement turned into a PIA.

When wiring up the new pump - I accidently touched the wires together and they quickly sparked. Now no power to the forward pump. The rear bilge still operates with the dash switch or the float switch. I checked all the circuit breakers - they are fine. Is there a fuse somewhere? I have looked everywhere!! Thanks in advance. ted

Last edited by Donzi38ZXXX; 09-14-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mrfixxall

usually the fuse would be at the battery..get a test light out and start checking fuses at the fuse panel,my formula has several fuse & braker panels,,you may have to start taking down panels to find them..
Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered

There are no fuses in this boat to be found.

I have taken the gauge panel out. no fuses. The CB at the Bilge pump switch is good - This still operates the rear bilge pump.

I have taken the battery switch / CB panel out and checked all CB with a test light - all good.

The only wires off the batteries are the huge black and red ones which go to the battery switches.

Thanks again

Also can't trace the wires from the forward pump back to the origin without disassembling the floor. Tried all the access panels.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered

Under the switch there should be the rubber nipple looking thing. Unscrew that and you will see a fuse.

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottcls55
Under the switch there should be the rubber nipple looking thing. Unscrew that and you will see a fuse.

Good luck!
I thought the rubber nipple thing was a CB that you can just push to reset. That is fine because when swithed the light comes on and still operates the rear bilge pump. But I will check it tonite. Thanks
Old 06-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Any luck on this? I am having the same issue on my ZR.

I tested the new pump. No problems, ran great. Crimped the new butt connectors and then nothing. Took it back out, getting around 6 volts.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Look at the wire colors at the pump. Now sorta guess which way they go under the floor, probably towards the drivers station since that is where the volts are. You should be able to figure out which pair of wires it is and find the fuse. The front pump either has a seperate switch or it is automatic only. Could possibly be half hidden in cabin somewhere.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Registered

Look at the wire colors at the pump. Now sorta guess which way they go under the floor, probably towards the drivers station since that is where the volts are. You should be able to figure out which pair of wires it is and find the fuse. The front pump either has a seperate switch or it is automatic only. Could possibly be half hidden in cabin somewhere.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Registered

Stupid phone double post.