Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
500efi intake manifold on a 502mpi >

500efi intake manifold on a 502mpi

Notices

500efi intake manifold on a 502mpi

Old 08-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool fuel is the garabage mercury fuel pump system that mounts to the side of the block that has been a huge problem for vapor locking . Add an aftermarket fuel pump and regulator with a return line to the tank. Jeff wurl
Old 08-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Registered

I have a Crane HP500 cam, Crower roller rockers with lock nuts, Crane HYD roller lifters, dogbone lifter retainers with retainer plates and bolts, upgraded Comp springs, Comp retainers and locks, chromoly push rods, hardened cam gear, set of cleaned/flowed/calibrated injectors... This setup will get you the rest of the way to converting to a 500 EFI (less tuning, of course) - Package made 509HP on a 502MPI, through a 502MPI intake, you should fair a little better with the 500EFI intake.

Let me know if you are interested...

(actually I have two complete sets of the above)
Old 08-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottiG
I have a Crane HP500 cam, Crower roller rockers with lock nuts, Crane HYD roller lifters, dogbone lifter retainers with retainer plates and bolts, upgraded Comp springs, Comp retainers and locks, chromoly push rods, hardened cam gear, set of cleaned/flowed/calibrated injectors... This setup will get you the rest of the way to converting to a 500 EFI (less tuning, of course) - Package made 509HP on a 502MPI, through a 502MPI intake, you should fair a little better with the 500EFI intake.

Let me know if you are interested...

(actually I have two complete sets of the above)
what is asking price for 1 setup?
Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jwurl
Cool fuel is the garabage mercury fuel pump system that mounts to the side of the block that has been a huge problem for vapor locking . Add an aftermarket fuel pump and regulator with a return line to the tank. Jeff wurl
Good to know, I actually had my first experience with vapor lock a few weeks ago when the temp was 100+ here.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:41 AM
Registered

Default Purchase of 500efi intake manifold setups

I am interested in the two 500 EFI manifold complete setups. I'm contemplating buying yours instead of modifying my 502s. Please let me know if they are still available and how much they are.

Thank you
Phil DeMarco
[email protected]
Old 04-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Registered

The parts I had were not manifolds setups... just the parts listed... They sold a while back... Sorry