Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Mesa Balancing Racing Engines Our cylinder heads From the Inside Out >

Mesa Balancing Racing Engines Our cylinder heads From the Inside Out

Notices

Mesa Balancing Racing Engines Our cylinder heads From the Inside Out

Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Only threads with only a couple of pics survive. As soon as a thread gets any traffic, 400 bucks baby!! They don't understand. It is the only reason they exist. They just gouged themselves out of existance. So, any other photo sharing apps out there?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Also most importantly the good stuff is starting the preassembly of the cylinder heads. After we press. tested every last one we used some valves retainers and spring locators to set up the spring height or commonly called installed height . Please note several things
1 We have an installed height of 1.990 to 1.980 on both the intake and the exhaust valves. That didn't happen by mistake we took measurements with two standard length valves to determine what was going to be the actual valve we needed.
2 Note both valve heights are being set with the appropriate spring locator you can use an ID or OD locator that's your choice. But it's one of the most important factors in valvetrane longevity and reliability.
A when the engine runs through the RPM range it is know the springs go through harmonic vibrations which cause the spring to make erratic movements by locating this spring securely with the minimal clearance to move helps the spring overcome this condition. Therefore making less heat from friction and vibration and reducing the wear on the flat side of the spring. This is one of the most overlooked issues in the valvetrane many spring locators are used that fit the springs loosely which also helps nothing.
3 We know many engine builders use Titanium retainers for marine engines and we also do in the race engines which we service more often but on the poker run or pleasure boat engines we use a chrome molly 10 degree retainer they are better wear resistant and this way you can see a better service life out of them with no concerns. Here is a picture of the cylinder head with the components.[img]
[/i
The next picture will have the components assembled taking measurements of the installed heightds[img]
[/img]mg][/img][img]
[/img]
Now that we have the parts with the proper height and everything fits the way we want we will remove the brand new manganese bronze guides from the heads hand port the runners finish the chambers and they will go out to hard anodize to make this aluminum cylinder head the most durable we can make them in the salt water environment we use them in . There is nothing else to do as far as protecting them from corrosion it's costly and takes some time but this done now will extend the life of the component in saltwater twice its service life. When they come back we'll put new guides in and start all over again . Hope you like . Sincerely Laz
Old 08-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Well Laz. looks like Photofukit screwed your acct too. Just as a heads up, they are now a pay for sight....and steep at that....if you had old pic's up on this site from there, they are all gone. We've lost many good threads over this.
This Just started today I don't post in other places whats a good fix for this maybe another picture host any suggestions at least the thread was just started .
Old 08-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Registered

It didn't just start today. You just got enough traffic for them to notice you. Other guys with 5 year long resto threads have been shut down a while. And we need a site where we can transfer our whole bucket over in 1 shot, and then tell these nice people what we think of their gouging ways. Preferably with terms that rhyme with their name.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

it really doe,s not cost much to buy a oso membership,then you can post pictures.i do understand why some don,t buy a membership nowadays,i have been around here for 10 years and i got banned for a week for telling the truth so when it comes time to renue my membership it just won,t happen,maybe i,l get banned for this post but this site is not what it used to be .
Old 08-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
Sorry almost forgot we also had the valve covers come in and got them prepped and breather tubes welded in place sent them off to powder coat today along with the timing covers

Old 08-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Registered

I believe I have found another way which may work the good thing is it was fairly quick because when they take the pictures out they dont give you the option to edit the thread any longer.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
it really doe,s not cost much to buy a oso membership,then you can post pictures.i do understand why some don,t buy a membership nowadays,i have been around here for 10 years and i got banned for a week for telling the truth so when it comes time to renue my membership it just won,t happen,maybe i,l get banned for this post but this site is not what it used to be .
Mike I have a membership maybe I can post that way I'm not very computer literate so I may be going the wrong way about this I'll look into it. Thanks Laz
Old 08-22-2017, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Well Laz. looks like Photofukit screwed your acct too. Just as a heads up, they are now a pay for sight....and steep at that....if you had old pic's up on this site from there, they are all gone. We've lost many good threads over this.
It's free again. OP needs to reload the pics.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:05 PM
Registered

3rd childhood it is NOT free. Go to the other thread you just posted pics on. They are blocked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.