Computer Tune, Arizona Speed??? >

Computer Tune, Arizona Speed???

Notices

Computer Tune, Arizona Speed???

Old 09-23-2017, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

I did one mail order tune that worked out good for blackhawk aka scott elgas, he had a single mefi3 hp500 efi innovation, he ported his heads and drove boat w vacuum gauge and 02 meter, i would make changes to his program and upload to a spare ecu, mail it to him, drive it, give me numbers, make changes to his ecu, pass in mail etc, got fuel dialed in perfect, was a little hassle but did work, fwiw, smitty
Old 09-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I did one mail order tune that worked out good for blackhawk aka scott elgas, he had a single mefi3 hp500 efi innovation, he ported his heads and drove boat w vacuum gauge and 02 meter, text me numbers, i would calculate map vs bpw, i would make changes to his program and upload to a spare ecu, mail it to him, he'd drive it, give me numbers, make changes to his ecu, pass in mail etc, got fuel dialed in perfect, was a little hassle but did work, fwiw, smitty
Old 09-23-2017, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It helped that he lived one mile from a test lake and was one day away via mail. He would use the boat meanwile and just kept it out of rpm bands where it was rich or lean, Smitty
Old 09-25-2017, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesZOOPY
if zwift dosent run on that, people are going to have to factor in paying for a new computer when they get their zwift trainer.
??????????????
Old 10-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Speed & Marine

1st I live in Columbus, Ohio and I was told to use ASM. I didn't even check any threads or reviews, I just went that direction to flash my ECU, which I had to send it back once and then Jim (@ASM) ended up sending different programs to put in because it wouldn't idle. I went from a Volvo Penta 454 with MPI to a HT502 crate engine because Schumaker Performance recommended it said everything would bolt on and work.They used my 454 cam and because It does have oval ports is why I guess. The engine has 10 hours on it and 3 of those hours were under load and spun #7 bearing and ruined the crank while I was breaking it in softly. Now Jim says, he will sell me a 502 and use my heads. Of course Chevy will not honor any warranty because it is not intended for marine. I spent $6K on the HT and another $4K to get it running. Is this right in line on how ASM operates? Any thoughts if the ECU could have caused this to happen? It was running good and sounded good until.... Also wondering if I should have this one fixed and run it, or fix it and sell it?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by uvrollercoater
1st I live in Columbus, Ohio and I was told to use ASM. I didn't even check any threads or reviews, I just went that direction to flash my ECU, which I had to send it back once and then Jim (@ASM) ended up sending different programs to put in because it wouldn't idle. I went from a Volvo Penta 454 with MPI to a HT502 crate engine because Schumaker Performance recommended it said everything would bolt on and work.They used my 454 cam and because It does have oval ports is why I guess. The engine has 10 hours on it and 3 of those hours were under load and spun #7 bearing and ruined the crank while I was breaking it in softly. Now Jim says, he will sell me a 502 and use my heads. Of course Chevy will not honor any warranty because it is not intended for marine. I spent $6K on the HT and another $4K to get it running. Is this right in line on how ASM operates? Any thoughts if the ECU could have caused this to happen? It was running good and sounded good until.... Also wondering if I should have this one fixed and run it, or fix it and sell it?
Did you reuse your oil cooler, what happened to old motor? Did stock oil bypass on ht motor get swapped for the higher differential one? Did you take off the stock 4 or 5 or whatever quart pan on new motor and put on a marine oil pan? I had a new zz502 on engine stand and it had a clearly smaller oil pan than a 454/502 mercruiser does.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes we did. The old engine is at buddies house and I am thinking I may drop my HT off at Chevy at about 25 MPH and make it goes right through their front doors! Thinking I may take the 454 and bump it up and put it back in. Yes we used the one off the 454. Yes, the 12 qt pan from 454 went onto the HT. Yes, I was told the ZZ is not a good one. But from everyone I have been in contact with, I was made to look (in my eyes) like a complete ass for letting them talk me into this POS HT502. 16K and 3 hours on this boat this summer. Going to be an interesting winter t see what I end up doing. 454 has 310Hp and thinking I am going to end up 500 and change. not looking to haul ass, because our boat is heavy. 99 Four Wins 254 Funship which is VERY rare I guess.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 503 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
Chris - call Eddie Young. He will do it in boat, on water. Which is the best way. He did a great job on the 35'.

Tell him you're a friend of mine and I sent you there - he might just give you a discount of +200% LOL
I second that about Eddie Young!! Just be prepared when you call to chat for a bit, because he loves to talk about boats in general. lol He is the go to guy for tuning in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

First thread I've seen on ASM here, never searched though. Found it interesting people claiming 500hp out of a 454 MPI with ECU, injector and intake mani. Mods from ASM. I was skeptical at the least haha.

Keith