promaxx 317 heads >

promaxx 317 heads

Notices

promaxx 317 heads

Old 10-06-2017, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I'd worry more about timing events, than just the .050 duration numbers. There is no good reason to run a cam that beats the valvetrain up with a S/C combo like that. The added lift , say going from .650 to .700, likely wont change the speedo reading one bit. Screw up the timing events, and that certainly can make a difference. Billy boats made 1150hp with a 540ci and pump gas, with a mild endurance solid roller 636 lift cam. (whipple build).

Simply changing the ICL and ECL can have a much larger effect than a few degrees of duration at .050.
did he post the details on those engines?
Old 10-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Joe you did exactly what I was thinking if cam was ground on 110 lsa. That's awesome your able to play around with simulator. It can honestly get a build starting out in the right direction rather than complete guess work. Seriously that's pretty cool stufff. Your contributing to the forum is helpful to many I'm certain. I as well as all others appreciate it. I am curious what those custom cams I had from comp would show in comparison but I don't have cam card to give u timing events. They were 244/248-648/648 on a 111. I'm going to try and find cam card but considering for my 548 sc's. They made 621 hp 6k for kreed in the na 496's.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Joe you did exactly what I was thinking if cam was ground on 110 lsa. That's awesome your able to play around with simulator. It can honestly get a build starting out in the right direction rather than complete guess work. Seriously that's pretty cool stufff. Your contributing to the forum is helpful to many I'm certain. I as well as all others appreciate it. I am curious what those custom cams I had from comp would show in comparison but I don't have cam card to give u timing events. They were 244/248-648/648 on a 111. I'm going to try and find cam card but considering for my 548 sc's. They made 621 hp 6k for kreed in the na 496's.
Thanks John, its all good shop talk.

As for that cam, I'd need the .006/.004 numbers, and the ICL. The ICL and LSA, will dictate what the exhaust timing events are. In otherwords, a 111LSA cam, with a 107 ICL, will have diffent exhaust timing events than a 111LSA with a 110ICL or 109ICL , etc.