Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   anyone know how to get ahold Advantage 575? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/350158-anyone-know-how-get-ahold-advantage-575-a.html)

PowerAddict 10-05-2017 02:06 PM

anyone know how to get ahold Advantage 575?

Had some questions regarding my set up and he seemed to have done it all on the victory style hull. He hasn't been on in a few years and I can't PM him.

My questions are regarding my drive X dimension. I have the 575 with the XR and I have the mercury racing extension box with the hydraulic steering. I have calculated high prop slip, especially at cruise speeds and, it seems the boat responds very little to trim - especially at cruise speeds (at least compared to my previous boats) And he had mentioned in one of his posts I was reading through that the drives sit too low. I was wondering if I should try an IMCO shorty. OR, if maybe I should just start with a BBlades prop.

snapmorgan 10-06-2017 09:04 PM

You have a 28? I spent 5 years playing with mine and here is what I can tell you. Mine had high prop slip as well, usually in the low 20's%. The factory prop height on MINE was too high, around 4" below the bottom of the hull if I remember correctly. I tried a 1" and a 2" shorty with no increase in top speed, just more prop slip. Now, I put a 1.5" spacer on with the 1" shorty and my slip went away, but so did my upper XR gears, but it did pick up 5mph. Some times prop slip is a good thing. All of this testing was with 700+hp and various 4 blade props. Never tried a 5 blade. My guess is that a 5 blade would bring the slip down, the RPM's down and the speed about the same. If you can run around 75mph with it, I would just leave it alone. It is a long uphill battle to 80.

PowerAddict 10-09-2017 10:36 AM

I really appreciate that information. I have the raw water pick up moved to underneath the boat with a sea strainer for increased cooling to the intercooler. Between that and the puley i'm probably still under 700HP, but probably not much.

Did you have the extension housing as well?

I would much rather try a 5 blade prop! Maybe I'll pick one up and give it a try.

EDIT: right now I have a 26P. should I stick with that? It really does get out of the hole pretty good. especially for a big heavy wide 28 single engine.

snapmorgan 10-09-2017 02:44 PM

No extension box on mine. The fastest mine ever ran was with a 26 bouncing off the rev limiter, which was set at 6000rpm. I generally ran a 28B1 and it worked the best all around. It would get on plane in about 2 boat lengths with 10% throttle. I also set mine up LH rotation and it worked much better than RH. I probably have a 28LH laying around if you want to try it