Best book for Mercruiser 525SC rebuild >

Best book for Mercruiser 525SC rebuild

Notices

Best book for Mercruiser 525SC rebuild

Old 02-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Mark IV has a fuel pump mount on the engine block and Gen V does not. Timing covers are the same stamped steel.
the bolt pattern on the timing covers, mk iv has lots of bolts, gen 6 not so much
Attached Thumbnails Best book for Mercruiser 525SC rebuild-gen5.jpg   Best book for Mercruiser 525SC rebuild-gen-6.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2018, 09:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

there is thru out especially after manuals are printed - things come up and can be listed as service bulletins, parts bulletins, recalls, federal recalls, field campaigns, service manager bulletins and tech bulletins. These are put forth by the OEM;s for dealers just as the same goes for the auto industry.

Not going to find most of these online especially with Merc racing applications. They apply to whatever applications and most but not all follow in accordance to serial numbers. ie, engine serial number, drive serial numbers, transom serial numbers.

Not saying this in a bad way nor to look bad --- but sometimes I leave my PM's full to take a break, plus that way one can not say I never reply to PM's --- most of the time I try to pass on what I know and answer what I can.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Along these lines I need to replace all of the bellows, the gimble bearing, check the pivot pin, etc basicaly service the gimbal assembely as well as replace the shaft & yolks on the outdrive. I know Bravo one manual is #39 but it's in sections, what sections do I need to do this work?

In case you can't tell I am a noob but I'm a fast learner so thanks for putting up with the entry level questions.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2018, 12:57 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Mohavvalley
Is there some place / someone to get the updates from or do I just have to look through threads on here?

Can someone post a list of topics/items they changed so I can search for the updated informaiton and don't pitit back together wrong?
You won't need any updates. I only found a couple small spec errors in the 525SC section and nothing to worry about for reassembly.

Originally Posted by phragle
the bolt pattern on the timing covers, mk iv has lots of bolts, gen 6 not so much
Mark IV and Gen V are the same stamped steel timing cover and his engine is one of them.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:02 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mohavvalley
Along these lines I need to replace all of the bellows, the gimble bearing, check the pivot pin, etc basicaly service the gimbal assembely as well as replace the shaft & yolks on the outdrive. I know Bravo one manual is #39 but it's in sections, what sections do I need to do this work?

In case you can't tell I am a noob but I'm a fast learner so thanks for putting up with the entry level questions.

Thanks

Can stress enough up here - it goes by serial number manual 39 for bravo - is Bravo standard and Bravo X outdrives --- 0M198373 and up --- next is Bravo XR 0W240000 and up -- transom assembly 0W173658 and up and HP transom assembly 0W150260 and up basically around the 2004 YEAR MODEL and up but year model really does not have anything to do it. It all goes by serial number breaks.

. You have that new of drive and transom assembly installed on your app ?

Last edited by BUP; 02-18-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
. You have that new of drive and transom assembly installed on your app ?
No, called Mercruiser and they told me I needed #39 for the bravo 1.

This my help to determine, and to get those service bulletins:
Motor is: 0F2XXXXX
Drie is: 0F2XXXXX
Transom Assembely is: 0F3XXXX

Any idea what outdrive & transome assembely manuals I'll need?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2018, 07:50 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

An OF2xxxxxxxx engine will be a MK IV based on the serial number.
Genuine Mercury & Mercruiser parts. 525 SC GM 454 V-8 1991-1992