Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   500EFI injectors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/353613-500efi-injectors.html)

stealthfever 04-26-2018 09:03 PM

500EFI injectors

Does anybody have any current information for the latest and best replacement injectors for a 500EFI. Seems to be somewhat of an unknown subject. I know it has been discussed, but what are the real deal brands and part numbers. TIA Stealth

jeff32 04-26-2018 09:04 PM

Following!

stealthfever 04-27-2018 08:26 PM

I find it really odd that no one on this board has any information on this subject, with all of the 500 and 525 motors still running around. Maybe it's a secret--dunno.

Bajaorlando 05-12-2018 08:14 AM

I spoke with the folks at Arizona Speed and Marine. When I was rebuilding my 500 EFI’s I sent them my injectors they flowed cleaned and checked all 16. At that time I reminder them saying they no longer make these. You might want to give them call.

stealthfever 05-12-2018 08:43 AM

Bajaor Thanks for the lead, I will see what they have to say. Stealth

articfriends 05-12-2018 03:30 PM

I flow and clean them as part of my business, unfortunately when you have "bad"ones , ie, high resistance, low or high flowing etc, if cleaning them doesnt straighten them out, there is no "fixing" them, i had quite a few spares i would substitute in sets to make "good" sets, i finally ran out and have no more extras. Fast forward to now, i recently flowed and cleaned 2 sets for a well respected engine builder on here, when i got half way thru the second set i found two bad ones. There is alot of info claiming these are 42 and 38 lbs. So i ordered one 42 lb and one 38 lb of a different sftermarket brand. Flowed them side by side some of the "good" ones, no comparison, the 42 lb flowed 27 to 30% MORE than the normal flowing stock ones, the 38 lb flowed 17 to 19% more than average flowing stock ones. So i HAVEN'T found a "drop" in match, when comparing aftermarket to stock ones, i don't know the solution. Im not wasting anymore time trying to find a direct crossover as if there WAS one they would be everywhere for sale. Instead im going to work on a tune on my dyno and in my 500 efi powered boat for aftermarket ones that are reasonably priced.https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...d0293a31f0.jpg

38 lb, 42 lb, stock left to right at 3000 rpms, 8.0 ms and 60 seconds

articfriends 05-12-2018 03:33 PM

My machine is a mid level one, has quite a range and adjustability, it does not, however, have a static test for determining size of a unknown one, i can only go by previous test and data from others i have flowed.

stealthfever 05-12-2018 07:20 PM

artic I have followed a lot of your threads, knowing you have been looking for a replacement injector. Blows me away that Mother Merc. would use something that is that difficult to duplicate. Could be by design--so that replacements are a b--ch. Stealth

BUP 05-12-2018 11:59 PM

the 500 EFI injectors are not 32 lb injectors.

And if someone reports that they have a crossover straight out of the box they are bull chitting 1000 percent cause it does not exist. I even met with Bosch over the winter , brought them the 500 EFI injectors. They told me through their current data base NO GO --- do not have a plug and play match period.. Also they are not interested in coming up with a plug and play match either because ( Their WORDS ) not enough volume and its a marine engine with outdated technology. Actually they were very nice to deal with and especially since I was really a nobody to them.

articfriends 05-13-2018 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by BUP (Post 4626124)
the 500 EFI injectors are not 32 lb injectors.

And if someone reports that they have a crossover straight out of the box they are bull chitting 1000 percent cause it does not exist. I even met with Bosch over the winter , brought them the 500 EFI injectors. They told me through their current data base NO GO --- do not have a plug and play match period.. Also they are not interested in coming up with a plug and play match either because ( Their WORDS ) not enough volume and its a marine engine with outdated technology. Actually they were very nice to deal with and especially since I was really a nobody to them.

Yes, the 500 efi injectors are NOT 32 lb, im sure, however, the dead band is in excess of 1 ms and the aftermarket ones much shorter for them to outflow them by so much at every rpm/pw setting on my machine. Its not just these particular ones either, ive tried others in past. I also have some 50 lb delphis and flowed them against a couple of different 48 lb standards, holleys, racetronix house brand ,etc and they come up low. Thanks for sharing John, Smitty