Cam chain clearance to block >

Cam chain clearance to block

Notices

Cam chain clearance to block

Old 07-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I had cloyes chains i installed in 2012. By 2016, around maybe 100 hours if that, and they were stretched out like a cheerleader on prom night. Replaced with rollmasters that come with the german made iwis chains. I think the howards ones crude intentions mentioned also come with the german made chain..
Cloyes is made by A&A gear they make the axles for Dodge Rams, not sure on what brand chain they run. Howard's is made by SA gear and they use a roll pin chain not German made, only one I know is the iwis chain is rollmaster, which is made in Australia and can't find the main US importer or the actual manafacturer in AU for the life of me.

Just ordered the CS2095 ( gen 6) from Mart at engine pro, in MI .$107.43 + shipping
616-247-6572

Will see how much grinding I need to do or if it'll fit under a gen 5 cover?

Last edited by Mohavvalley; 07-13-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Some Funny Stuff in this post. So Baja Rooster, how did it turn out? I'm building a 548 and a Mag454 both with Roll Masters. It's a **** hair close to the block but like many just needed to be groomed. LOL. In the end i'm happier running double rollers as i'll be firing and listing the engines for sale. I did buy one of the deep timing chain covers for the double roller but really didn't need it. Still clears. Hope all is well and Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Some Funny Stuff in this post. So Baja Rooster, how did it turn out? I'm building a 548 and a Mag454 both with Roll Masters. It's a **** hair close to the block but like many just needed to be groomed. LOL. In the end i'm happier running double rollers as i'll be firing and listing the engines for sale. I did buy one of the deep timing chain covers for the double roller but really didn't need it. Still clears. Hope all is well and Happy New Year.
I only got to fire it up on the hose before shoving her away for winter but all seemed excellent.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Make sure you are not bind at the retainer, install the cam gear with plate and bolts and spin by hand, I found with my cam and rollmaster that the Torrington bearing was "crushed" and was binding when spun, do not do this with chain and use crank bolt to turn over.. I had dart blocks no clearance issues at the block, or even the cover, just the bearing, I later found out there are 2 different retainers, I am sure MT Joe will remember this.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is the video explaining to Mike T here and Joe.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

tim,in the video it looks like you installed the torrington bearing upside down,that will cause big problems.it does make a difference.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
tim,in the video it looks like you installed the torrington bearing upside down,that will cause big problems.it does make a difference.
Agreed. It could be why there was wear on the retaining plate (shiny). Shouldn't really be any wear on them at all. it's a sign that the torrington bearing was not rolling properly.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It was installed on the cam gear rite in the video. That plate had a ton of ware for sure.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No, it was not, the plate in the video was example plate that was in old engines from cam touching. its been a few years but the bearing was already on the sprocket when I got it if I recall. The plates in the video were not ever used on the new engines, I had new ones. we used old ones to figure the issue out.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 14 apache
It was installed on the cam gear rite in the video. That plate had a ton of ware for sure.
I am almost 100% the bearing was on sprocket out of the box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.