Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
2003 496 HO how many fuel filters are there? Where? >

2003 496 HO how many fuel filters are there? Where?

Notices

2003 496 HO how many fuel filters are there? Where?

Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bup,
I agree 110% on OEM service manuals. People ***** about how expensive they are. I actually think they are a bargain. A ton of information for $110 bucks. Thanks for helping me work through this problem. I have so much to learn about my new boat and this technology. I have not purchased a scan tool yet as I am not sure this problem requires it, plus my CFO (translated as wife) is not super happy with my recent spending habits. She thinks I should have mentioned buying a new boat before showing up with it on the back of my truck. I may have forgot to mention this to her.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK folks I checked the Mercruiser parts guide and it doesn't look like there is a screen on either side of the boost pump. I suppose that's because we have an in line filter from tank then the water separator. It looks like there is one filter and one screen on the high pressure pump. Is this correct?