big bllock water pump plate >

big bllock water pump plate

Notices

big bllock water pump plate

Old 08-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question big bllock water pump plate

I just bought a boat that a super charged 502 in it. ( so he said ) not positive its a 502 or 454. either way the weird thing is that it has a plate covering the front of the motor where the water pump would be? I don't understand this. I have never seen a motor without a water pump??
in the center of the plate it has a 3 or 4 way port on it. there are hoses connected to it. any one know what this is about?
Old 08-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

It's a marine water crossover. A lot of people run them instead of the water pump. The seapump more than enough water and flow to support the engine. If it works don't tinker with it. It takes a little time adjusting flow without too much pressure.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
It's a marine water crossover. A lot of people run them instead of the water pump. The seapump more than enough water and flow to support the engine. If it works don't tinker with it. It takes a little time adjusting flow without too much pressure.
Perfect, thank you for the info. figured it was something like that. works great just more wondering what it was.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:24 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperkell
I just bought a boat that a super charged 502 in it. ( so he said ) not positive its a 502 or 454. ?
502's have a 8.2L casted on the side oft he block in pretty big #'s.