ECM 555 Locked? >

ECM 555 Locked?

Notices

ECM 555 Locked?

Old 06-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM 555 Locked?

I have 2003 dual Mercruiser 350 mpi withe ecm 555 controllers.i was having trouble with the starboard engine.had a mechanic check it and he said that the controller is locked and he cannot get in.The port was fine.So I purchase a vesselview mobile.I can communicate withe the port controller but the starboard controller says”error reset key”.
can some help out?Can a controller be locked?
Old 06-13-2019, 09:43 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

it has no communication - it is not locked - you have either a plug / DLC issue or an internal issue of the ecm. Very easy to test to see if the issue is with the DLC so one can rule it out
Old 06-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Registered

Hi BUP
Could you let me know how to test the ecm problem or would you rather that I phone you.Thank for helping me out.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

swap ecm's engine to engine should give idea if dlc/engine harness is ok.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:16 PM
Registered

Thanks, I will try that,also I will check that I have 12 volts on the outside pins of the dlc.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:32 PM
BUP
Banned

Do not ever swap a good known ECM to a bad engine EVER - that is one possible way to knock out a good ecm possible making it 2 bad ecm s one has. AND THIS INFO coming form a guy who repairs ECM about an average 2 per week inwhich takes money out my hands. I bet you would never hear a competitor post such important info to help one out.

A scan tool is another way to test the ecm and of course what I am doing internal testing with a power supply, a scope, volt meter and scan tool along with sensors and injectors ,.

Last edited by BUP; 06-16-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Registered

Thanks for this information BUP.I read where there is a yellow wire between engines that this could cause issues,as one is a master and the other a slave ecm.I want to check to make sure the cable is okay and the voltage is 12 volts.Then I will know for sure is is the ecm.
thanks alot
Old 09-15-2019, 06:33 AM
Registered

BUP, how can I contact you about rebuilding my ECM?
Old 09-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
it has no communication - it is not locked - you have either a plug / DLC issue or an internal issue of the ecm. Very easy to test to see if the issue is with the DLC so one can rule it out
As BUP said, why not check your wiring to the DLC, may be nothing wrong with the PCM. Start with the connector and an Volt/Ohm meter and ring out the connections

Old 09-15-2019, 10:56 AM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by DukeVair
BUP, how can I contact you about rebuilding my ECM?
Thanks for the call this mourning - As usual I try to help out whom ever even SUNDAY mourning at 830 am. He wanted to send me his ecm asap but I told I am not 100 percent his ecm is the issue at hand. We discussed some test to do and then I want him to report back to me to determine the next game plan..

I will update the progress here when I figure out whats going on but keep in mind I DO NOT HAVE THE BOAT / ENGINES in my hand so I have to play detective first and figure out as we go. .