Notices

CMI headers

Old 01-14-2019, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I have lightning headers on my boat and they are going on 20+ years. I sent them in for testing a while back and I've run my camera down the tubes and they look like new. They have the longest tubes of anything that I have seen. yes they are lightly wider than the cast systems, but the tubes have longer radii than the cast style as well. For the difference in price have them powder coated any color you like. While I haven't personally run a side by side on my engine with other products, there is enough empirical evidence to indicate their design is suited for maximum power. It all depends on your motor setup and where you want the peak performance to occur. I have more low to mid range torque than my bravo can handle already so I'm going for maximum horsepower.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:15 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Shhhhhh.....The Parvey's designed and sold these first....PF Marine. KE bought the whole deal from them and sold them for many years.... Now, our good man Diamomd Marine bought the whole deal from KE,

If someone doesn;t know the Parvey's, KE, and Diamond...then you need to !!!

Last edited by SB; 01-14-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I know the guy who designed the TnL headers and he did make them for bigger motors. As analytical as that guy is, if he put any effort into them, he did them right, not blingy. I mean he's only running what 165 at the LOTO shootout in a V with a motor package of his design. CMIs are cool though. I'll probably be ditching my EMIs for Lightning on my SBC.

*Edit* SB, didn't see your comment. Right on.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 4,305 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Getting rid of Headeraches is thee best thing I`ve done. Don`t miss spending a bunch of time trying to tighten header bolts or seperate the tails either.

Takes about a minute to pull the manifolds. (out of boat )

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 01-14-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't say that they wouldn't work on a blower engine. I said that I heard they were a little restrictive. Unless they have changed them.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I didn't say that they wouldn't work on a blower engine. I said that I heard they were a little restrictive. Unless they have changed them.
If I remember right they had a 2" runner. So until you get into the really big power blower motors, they are great. Also the collector is 3.5" so a bit of a restriction there as well. However, even the CMI Big tube e-tops only have a 3.5" collector opening, and they are so wide they will not work in a side by side boat. I know, because I tried. Like anything there is no one size fits all header, but the T&L are a great choice. For really big power Stainless Gen IIIs are the ticket, like Dan has.

I was pulling the headers on my engines last night (sport tubes), i will say this, they are so easy to remove. You can work from both sides of the header, you can't do that with a manifold. So they get a thumbs up for bling, and being really easy to work with.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the lightnings look pretty good and for the price!
Old 02-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Good luck with those! Every engine that I have seen with those have been due to the headers rotting out and water filling the engine.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Precision
Good luck with those! Every engine that I have seen with those have been due to the headers rotting out and water filling the engine.
are you taking about the CMIs or Lightnings with that reference?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ACrooks69
are you taking about the CMIs or Lightnings with that reference?
Sorry for the confusion. I was referencing the Lightning’s. They all rotted out from the inside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.