Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Fellow Martini Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/35854-fellow-martini-owners.html)

martiniboat 10-29-2002 06:35 PM

Fellow Martini Owners

Hello fellow high horsepower offshore enthusiasts. Just wondering where the Martinis are out there and perhaps some history on this allegedly rare boat. Gotta say, I don't watch much TV but this website is number one priority for me. I hope this doesn't make me a freak but if all I had in life was a performance boat and a hot chick willing to sustain countless hours of boating...life would be good!

jpclear 10-29-2002 07:46 PM

I have "The Martini"!! It was the photo boat for their origional promo. literature. She is alive and well and after some serious referb. runs at 80+gps on the right day. LOVE THAT BOAT!!! I can't be that far away from you since I'm only 30 mi. south of Lake Ontario in the Finger Lakes. We run alot in The Islands in Summer and stay on Everest Island (Kidd Island) in the Brockville Group. Talk to me!! We can share rides. For Canadian contact; just ask for "Wounded Knee" in Brockville. He knows me all too well and we've been great friends even if I wouldn't sell him the boat and could always stay ahead of his Cigarette. --- Jer

martiniboat 10-29-2002 08:36 PM

Martini Brother Found!

Holy S**t! Finally, I've found someone who owns this phenomenal craft. I've spent the last 6 years reworking and tweaking my 'seven metre'. (25' for those not familiar with this low production boat)

- took that God***n hook out of the bottom. (Yeah Bob, hope you're reading this because that was me that was talking to you approx. 5 years ago and you put me on 'hold' indefinately when I asked you about that issue).

- colour-keyed the windshield/fairing to the side stripe

- extended the existing trim tabs with multiple stainless
extension gussets. ( about 9", made a world of difference in
control although still not nearly quick enough)

- Placed the Autometer 'Phantom' guages in a custom aluminum enclosure painted the same colour as the side of the boat In a position that is ergonomically correct.

- Rebuilt the 'weak' Merctrans 2 with the Ford performance parts.

- Built custom 'Martini glass' drop-out bolster seats.

- Installed Basset water-cooled headers.

- Installed 'real-world conditions' holy s**t handles.

- more to come, must go.

THRILLSEEKER 10-29-2002 09:25 PM

I have a friend who owned a 24, Martini that I almost bought, it was a sweet boat, it handled rough water great and ran 70's with a stock 454/TRS combo. It has similar lines to my Cigarette. I am glad to hear that there are still some around.

cgarrett 10-29-2002 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I met a guy (Tommy) from Erie Pa this past summer and he sure was enjoying his Martini.

floatingphil 10-30-2002 09:28 AM

Martiniboat,
Welcome! Where do you do your boating?

martiniboat 10-30-2002 12:55 PM

Boating local

Hello Sutphil! I see you're from Oakville, I'm just west of Kitchener. I boat mostly on Georgian Bay anywhere from Collingwood to Tobermory. Where do you boat primarily?

I'm looking forward to interacting with people who share the same mindset...boating is life.

THRILLSEEKER- I'm very impressed with your friends' top speed.(running 70's) Since blueprinting the bottom of my current boat I've been able to achieve an average top speed of 81mph GPS on a local inland lake with a 500hp big block/TRS setup.

floatingphil 10-30-2002 01:13 PM

martiniboat,
Be careful, this site WILL make you a freak. I don't get to Georgian Bay often, but if I do go it's usually in the Midland/Honey Harbour area. Port Credit or Oakville is where we trailer to and day trip from there. Cottage weekends on Lake Muskoka too. Seem to be a lot of guys on here from Lake St. Clair area. Not too far for you.

biggs 05-08-2011 07:04 PM

I know this is an old post, but i havent found too much information on this boat. I purchase a 24 foot last year and in the process of restoring it.

Originally Posted by martiniboat (Post 403556)
Holy S**t! Finally, I've found someone who owns this phenomenal craft. I've spent the last 6 years reworking and tweaking my 'seven metre'. (25' for those not familiar with this low production boat)

- took that God***n hook out of the bottom. (Yeah Bob, hope you're reading this because that was me that was talking to you approx. 5 years ago and you put me on 'hold' indefinately when I asked you about that issue).

- colour-keyed the windshield/fairing to the side stripe

- extended the existing trim tabs with multiple stainless
extension gussets. ( about 9", made a world of difference in
control although still not nearly quick enough)

- Placed the Autometer 'Phantom' guages in a custom aluminum enclosure painted the same colour as the side of the boat In a position that is ergonomically correct.

- Rebuilt the 'weak' Merctrans 2 with the Ford performance parts.

- Built custom 'Martini glass' drop-out bolster seats.

- Installed Basset water-cooled headers.

- Installed 'real-world conditions' holy s**t handles.

- more to come, must go.

DjMikeyC 06-05-2011 08:51 PM

anyone got a brochure on these boats?