Originally Posted by sutphen 30
what supercharger is it again?
Eaton 1.9l that came on ZL1 camaro and ctsv
Old 06-25-2020, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by mggdoors
Eaton 1.9l that came on ZL1 camaro and ctsv
Impressive numbers. I have some questions now, this is what I have been thinking of doing when its repower time. Cost is just a concern..

The SC is it this one> (1.9L/rev 4-lobe “TVS” rotor set with 160 degree twist).
For what ever reason the LT4 is using a smaller blower but makes more power? At least in the carte motors. > 1.7L Eaton R1740 TVS Supercharger.

Are you also using the factory inter-cooler?

I don't think your motor is direct injection correct?

This is at 8-9 lbs of boost?

Are you going closed cooling?

Are you using a mechanical throttle or wire?
Old 06-25-2020, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Impressive numbers. I have some questions now, this is what I have been thinking of doing when its repower time. Cost is just a concern..

For what ever reason the LT4 is using a smaller blower but makes more power? At least in the carte motors. > 1.7L Eaton R1740 TVS Supercharger.

They used the 1.74 due to hood clearance issues. They tuned up the 1.74 so it could spin faster, according to my friend that used to work at Eaton.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (06-26-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The lt4 is a different beast than mine. It is direct injected with a higher compression and heads that flow 50cfm more out of the box. The lt4 supercharger will not work on ls applications due to wrong port match and no injector bosses. This dyno run is at 148kpa/7.1psi boost. Had belt slip which you can see in posted dyno log. It is cable driven throttle. We are using the factory intercooler modified with gusseting to prevent collapsing it under sustained load. Cooling is raw water ran through an iron ly6 block no thermostat. If you go aluminum block you will have to go closed cooling because block temp must rise to I would say 160 to allow bearing clearance to grow otherwise you will dstroy engine. We should see upwards of 9psi when belt slip is corrected which will easily push us over 800. Yes it is 1.9 tvs. Keep in mind that I am barely using the potential of this supercharger. With a lower pulley change we could be upwards of 16-18psi. But would require e85

Last edited by mggdoors; 06-25-2020 at 01:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (06-26-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hogie roll
They used the 1.74 due to hood clearance issues. They tuned up the 1.74 so it could spin faster, according to my friend that used to work at Eaton.
That probably has alot to do with it as well. Intercoolers are closer the banks as well which allows much lower profile

Last edited by mggdoors; 06-25-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:54 AM
Registered

The marine version of the LT4

https://marineenginedepot.com/new-62...-airpac-620-hp

Pricey and ugly.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mggdoors
The lt4 is a different beast than mine. It is direct injected with a higher compression and heads that flow 50cfm more out of the box. The lt4 supercharger will not work on ls applications due to wrong port match and no injector bosses. This dyno run is at 148kpa/7.1psi boost. Had belt slip which you can see in posted dyno log. It is cable driven throttle. We are using the factory intercooler modified with gusseting to prevent collapsing it under sustained load. Cooling is raw water ran through an iron ly6 block no thermostat. If you go aluminum block you will have to go closed cooling because block temp must rise to I would say 160 to allow bearing clearance to grow otherwise you will dstroy engine. We should see upwards of 9psi when belt slip is corrected which will easily push us over 800. Yes it is 1.9 tvs. Keep in mind that I am barely using the potential of this supercharger. With a lower pulley change we could be upwards of 16-18psi. But would require e85

I would want to use the aluminum block and closed cooling as I boat in salt. How did you like the holly system, seems most like it.

What size injectors?

Old 06-26-2020, 10:13 AM
Registered

The marine version of the LT4

https://marineenginedepot.com/new-62...-airpac-620-hp

Pricey and ugly.
There engines are just factory crate engines with marine brackets, cooling, exhaust. No inconel valves. Still use cast pistons. Literally factory crate engines. I would suggest against these in a performance marine app. Then sgain I would suggest against a aluminum block because even with closed cooling you still have core shift concerns
Old 06-26-2020, 10:15 AM
Registered

I would want to use the aluminum block and closed cooling as I boat in salt. How did you like the holly system, seems most like it.

What size injectors?
LS9 injectors decapped and flow matched 103lb.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:24 AM
Registered

How did this do in the boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.