Notices

LS Build: In Progress

Old 05-03-2019, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by mggdoors
Heres a good comparison

I am looking for dyno sheet specific to the dyno we run on to get a valid comparison. Different dynos show different #s
Just to make sure everyone knows that dyno test of the 525 was full marine, wet heads and all. And that motor will run on 87, I think you will have to run 91 with the compression you are running. Again, we will see when you get it in the boat. That will be interesting.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Here ya go Mike T
Old 05-03-2019, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
I’m all for you doing whatever you want to your boat. I feel kinda bad for this second guy you convinced to do the same with all of these exaggerations though.
Thats cute. Those are going to be STOCK everything with a cam, carb, intake. He could give two ****s if he does 70. Im really starting to enjoy the ball busting. Really makes me appreciate posting this build. Maybe Ill do some 1000hp prius motors next or get a chevy volt that was crashed and stuff that in a trash barge and take a poker run by storm.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Just to make sure everyone knows that dyno test of the 525 was full marine, wet heads and all. And that motor will run on 87, I think you will have to run 91 with the compression you are running. Again, we will see when you get it in the boat. That will be interesting.
91 for sure
Old 05-03-2019, 10:28 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I feel like I'm missing something with this handful of people vs MGG Doors. What am I missing ? Another thread ? sometimers ? Or did I not read a bunch of this thread?
Old 05-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

You have high compression (yes 11:1 is high in the marine world), cammed stroker motors. You still don’t beat a stock bottom end 525efi anywhere on the dyno sheet. You rev a little higher. Your words were you were gonna make it look like a fool through the whole powerband. My engines are stock bottom end. Iron headed with no work done. Carb motors with a cam. 8.7:1 compression and I beat you through the powerband to 6k. I’m 20k in on both motors.

Youre right in saying theres only a few LS powered stern drive boats. I wonder if it’s because it doesn’t work. Let’s think logically here. If it was that easy and so much cheaper don’t you think it would have taken off like wildfire? Threw some nice supercharged 550hp LS stuff in wakeboard boats that would likely be a beyond suitable replacement for say the 525.

Again the results are always in the boat. The paper numbers always work and yet real world hasn’t
Old 05-03-2019, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
I feel like I'm missing something with this handful of people vs MGG Doors. What am I missing ? Another thread ? sometimers ? Or did I not read a bunch of this thread?
I dont think anyones against him. But if we're talkin shop, lets talk shop. He's made about two dozen claims in this thread, that are simply untrue. Things like his engines are going to run circles around a 525 merc, use way less fuel, his single pattern cam will make more torque than a dual pattern, and so on. Why not just start a thread, list the parts combo, and post the results. No need to speculate, bash big blocks, and make false statements...I mean, he claims his engines are so super efficient, yet no fuel flow data posted nor gathered on the dyno runs, and the BSFC numbers were nothing a decently built big block cant achieve

The LS engines been out for OVER TWENTY YEARS!! Its time guys stop acting like they defy the laws of physics. Sure they are a nice platform, but good lord, they arent magic. They are a friggen pushrod two valve V8. lol
Old 05-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
You have high compression (yes 11:1 is high in the marine world), cammed stroker motors. You still don’t beat a stock bottom end 525efi anywhere on the dyno sheet. You rev a little higher. Your words were you were gonna make it look like a fool through the whole powerband. My engines are stock bottom end. Iron headed with no work done. Carb motors with a cam. 8.7:1 compression and I beat you through the powerband to 6k. I’m 20k in on both motors.

Youre right in saying theres only a few LS powered stern drive boats. I wonder if it’s because it doesn’t work. Let’s think logically here. If it was that easy and so much cheaper don’t you think it would have taken off like wildfire? Threw some nice supercharged 550hp LS stuff in wakeboard boats that would likely be a beyond suitable replacement for say the 525.

Again the results are always in the boat. The paper numbers always work and yet real world hasn’t
How the hell are you 20k in two stock bottom end iron headed bbc? Did the pope own them? Post your dyno sheets and specs
Old 05-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Registered

How the hell are you 20k in two stock bottom end iron headed bbc? Did the pope own them? Post your dyno sheets and specs
What do you think it cost two build two NEW big block marine engines? He has brand new blocks, cranks, rods, heads, cams, carbs, the whole shot, for around 10k per engine. What do you think, you can do it for 3500 per engine?
Old 05-03-2019, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Thats cute. Those are going to be STOCK everything with a cam, carb, intake. He could give two ****s if he does 70. Im really starting to enjoy the ball busting. Really makes me appreciate posting this build. Maybe Ill do some 1000hp prius motors next or get a chevy volt that was crashed and stuff that in a trash barge and take a poker run by storm.
mggdoors,just for the record i am a big fan of the ls series engine and i like what you are doing.i am in no way busting your balls,i will say that i am an old school bbc guy and all the ls hype is cool but it,s hard to beat a bbc that is built with the right parts combination.i just finished a pair of na big blocks that made 700 plus hp and gobs of torque for way less than i could have built 600 hp ls engines.im not busting balls just stating facts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.