Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
LS Build: In Progress >

LS Build: In Progress

Notices

LS Build: In Progress

Old 06-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Sounds like you need to lower the X and shift the CG rear ward somehow. Is there anything up front you can take out? You’re now riding on a CG that’s moved so far forward it may be on the wrong side of your center or pressure on the hull. Combined with the stern being so much higher in the water now, you don’t have any drive or skeg in the water.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Sounds like you need to lower the X and shift the CG rear ward somehow. Is there anything up front you can take out? You’re now riding on a CG that’s moved so far forward it may be on the wrong side of your center or pressure on the hull. Combined with the stern being so much higher in the water now, you don’t have any drive or skeg in the water.
keep in mind that this boat also came from the factory as a single. Drives currently have a 1” spacer .5” above prop centerline. I had to have cutting edge add alot of cup last year to get 5 blades to grab for planing. Was slightly squirelly. With 4 blades was harder than hell to get on plane but hadled very well. No sliding. Minimal trim. Turned good. I always thought stern was heavy last year with minor squirelliness and 5 blades but would say I was wrong. I have to believe squirelliness was stern lift issue as it got worse. Front has 3 chairs and 6 lift jackets
Old 06-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Props spinning in or out?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Props spinning in or out?
In
Old 06-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Registered

Heres a quick video of here idling through a canyon on. Saguaro Lake AZ.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

You need more women on the back bench. Problem solved and you are welcome.

i know less about cats next to my knowing almost nothing about twins, but it does seem like your ass end is trying to climb up and swap places with the from.

If this was originally a single is there a pod down the center?

It may be worth filling up some 5g buckets of sand and moving them around until you find the sweet spot, but it does sound like you need deeper or different props.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
You need more women on the back bench. Problem solved and you are welcome.

i know less about cats next to my knowing almost nothing about twins, but it does seem like your ass end is trying to climb up and swap places with the from.

If this was originally a single is there a pod down the center?

It may be worth filling up some 5g buckets of sand and moving them around until you find the sweet spot, but it does sound like you need deeper or different props.
My boat was originally a twin. What I was saying is you could also get it in a single, which is much less weight but still worked. I never take the wife or kids after heavy work just in case all hell breaks loose. Test test. Test. One other thing that is funny. Even at idle it has no control. Buddy said when on plane my boat looks flat. No bow rise. No stern rise. Just boring old flat
Old 06-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Registered

Started thing about the scenario. Idling in gear the boat does not go straight well either. I am thinking I have a possible air in steering case, which makes sense considering the boat drives like a willys jeep with a loose steering box
Old 06-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Registered

Checked steering play in off position. 8” when applying heavy pressure. Lol. Purged air. 1/16”. I think that explains the steering wherever it feels like. Found out drivers trim cylinder is not retracting fully as well. At least not consistently. Will rebuild them tomorrow. Did the other side last summer.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ hopefully that takes care of it.....Sure helps explain the erratic handling....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.