Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Stroking a Merc Racing 525 EFI to a 540 with Whipple Charger?  Anyone do this ? >

Stroking a Merc Racing 525 EFI to a 540 with Whipple Charger? Anyone do this ?

Notices

Stroking a Merc Racing 525 EFI to a 540 with Whipple Charger? Anyone do this ?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroking a Merc Racing 525 EFI to a 540 with Whipple Charger? Anyone do this ?

Has anyone done this with good success or is it even possible with injection? Wondering if it will over work the Whipple at that point?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Glennyd
Has anyone done this with good success or is it even possible with injection? Wondering if it will over work the Whipple at that point?
Is there a problem with the 4" stroke that you currently have, or do you feel the need to upgrade?. If you are going to add positive pressure to the intake plennum there really isn't any need to add more cost adding cubic inches. Second, are you stuck on a Whipple or would you consider something new and more efficient with greater flexibility?
Old 02-26-2019, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Ok- I'm curious! What is more efficient, with greater flexibility than a Whipple kit for the 525 EFI? That is a proven reliable set up, with very nice power gains.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Glennyd
If it uses the 3.3 I do not see a problem with it, especially if you go with the stage 2 larger chiller. Your compression can be adjusted accordingly since you would most likely be going with all new pistons anyway. Then you can just say "fuk you bravo drive, I am going to turn you into scrap metal.