Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
****Need Help**** 496 MAG HO CAM Specs >

****Need Help**** 496 MAG HO CAM Specs

Notices

****Need Help**** 496 MAG HO CAM Specs

Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

So your trying to build a cammed stroker motor and run the exhaust thru the prop??????????????
Old 04-16-2019, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engine is already built.. I have built lots of LS/hotrod motors
i don’t know anything about boat engines. This is deck boat I’m only doing it cause it’s 12k plus for a long block. I’m not looking for a crazy Cam. Please read the thread I’m looking for help not for someone to make fun of me or tell me I’m dumb.. thank you god bless !!!

Last edited by rezmedic; 04-16-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:09 PM
Registered

Not making fun of you or calling you dumb........ TRying to save you some pain and some dollars...... If your running thru the prop I would keep things stock...merc put a lot of time and money into making stock products work(bravo drives not withstanding) Running decent exhaust like stainless marine out the transom really opens up you world....
Old 04-16-2019, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate that.. the engine is already built.. it’s a family deck boat I wouldn’t mind the thru transom exhaust but I know my wife will ***** about the noise..I didn’t know about regurgitation from low idle lope when I had the Cam ground. Basically looking back I’m just looking for decent lift in the low .525 area.. I put the Raylar parts in there cause it was 1/3 of the price.. it was my way of bullet proofing the engine.. mark at precision marine in Kenner LA is doing the programming on my pcm he recommended the mag HO cam.. he’s has been so helpful in getting me out of this mess.. the HO mag cam is supposed to be in low .5 just looking for some specs. I appreciate your help. Sorry if I came across like a dick !!
Old 04-16-2019, 10:50 PM
Registered

That 496 is basically the red headed step child of the bbc world. Raylar was the only company that really dove into it hard core. They probably have something on the shelf. To use your regurgitation...its like doing cpr and not cranking the neck enough and squeezing the bag too hard,,,,,the wrong cam you you going to blow up the stomach, not the lungs, and its going to get messy, Find yourself an old medic who has done it more times than he can count, rather than trying to custom grind a fancy new stylette