2005 Nordic Heat questions >

2005 Nordic Heat questions

Notices

2005 Nordic Heat questions

Old 06-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2005 Nordic Heat questions

I am looking at purchasing a 2005 Nordic Heat. It is my understanding that Nordic went to no wood construction in 2007 so the 05 would have wood in the stringers and transom. The boat has been well cared for and lift kept. Do the Nordic boats with wood in the construction have issues with transom and stringers when properly cared for? Thanks
Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

Mine was rotted under the backseat and the 2 bulkheads in the ski locker...granted mine is a 97 so obviously older and not cared for as it should have been but something to look out for....the stringers and transom were both solid as rock so not a huge deal...I'll post some pics or check out my "Well that escalated quickly thread" for a bunch of pics.

What power is in it just out of curiousity...
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

Well that escalated quickly...97 heat rebuild
Old 06-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
Mine was rotted under the backseat and the 2 bulkheads in the ski locker...granted mine is a 97 so obviously older and not cared for as it should have been but something to look out for....the stringers and transom were both solid as rock so not a huge deal...I'll post some pics or check out my "Well that escalated quickly thread" for a bunch of pics.

What power is in it just out of curiousity...

Thank you for the info. The boat has a 496. I was hoping to get a wood free boat this go round, but I do really like the Nordic. I am looking for a go fast style power boat with seating for at least 7 which pretty much requires a MCOB type configuration or poker run seating which seems to be rare. This particular Heat doesn’t have trim tabs which I will probably want to add since the boat will be at LOTO.