Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
I know it has been beat to death but ... hydraulic roller lifters ?? >

I know it has been beat to death but ... hydraulic roller lifters ??

Notices

I know it has been beat to death but ... hydraulic roller lifters ??

Old 07-15-2019, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i quit using the morels a few years ago,i like the comp cams short travel hyd rollers.i recently used two sets of johnson high lift lifters that the customer supplied and they worked perfectly.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:28 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Atleast you guys had a supplier (PBM) that gave your parts $ back. Most others tell you to fuk off along with how you screwed up....with no engine building or even parts installing experience themselves.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:29 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i quit using the morels a few years ago,i like the comp cams short travel hyd rollers.i recently used two sets of johnson high lift lifters that the customer supplied and they worked perfectly.
I heard one of those CompCams lifters may be made by Shaver or Gaterman. Can't remember. Worthy of a search.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
i went thru the same thing with PBM/Erson and they sent me the same pictures of filings...probably a crock of sh!t. They refunded me and never turned back.
Very interesting ! When I sent the lifters back they went directly to Morel so PBM had nothing to do with the pictures. I wonder if they were the same exact pictures ???? I still have them on one of my computers somewhere. I am grateful that PBM took the hit, most other places would not have. Another reason why I try to stay faithful to a supplier rather than jumping all over the place.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I noticed pbm has Johnson Lifters in their summer flyer now, price seems good too. Not sure why the morels are more $$ but it is what it is.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
Ordered 2 sets yesterday
Old 07-16-2019, 10:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
I noticed pbm has Johnson Lifters in their summer flyer now, price seems good too. Not sure why the morels are more $$ but it is what it is.
I think those are the street lifters. I checked yesterday and was told the good RL931's are still Morel
Old 07-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Ordered 2 sets yesterday
Who are you getting them from ?
Old 07-16-2019, 01:14 PM
SB
Registered

Okay guys, be careful.

Remember our previous threads and talks. There is a HiLift Johnson and then there is the 'Genuine' Johnson that Isky/Crower/ CAm Motion/Teague/Tooley/ and etc use/resell. Click here for those: https://johnsonlifters.com/Distributors.aspx

Most used to use/resell /rebrand Morel's also...but times changed a few years ago when most everyone gave up with Morel.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I know of 6 engines running the hylift Johnsons not counting the ones Mike referred to and all are performing well. I remember the thread

These fit GM Big Block 454/7.4L & 502/8.2L Engines.
Perfect for your marine engine!
  • HyLift-Johnson's "Direct-Shot™" oiling system sends oil directly to the axle and roller needle bearings providing protection at the higher RPM's. These lifters are made in the United States from superior forgings with a black oxide finish and a "C" clip retainer. With a reduced clearance between the lifter body and the precision ground internal piston, a slow leak down is allowed with very little loss of valve lift or duration at any RPM. These lifters will leak down between 90 to 120 seconds, whereas OEM lifters leak down between 10 to 120 seconds. This smaller leak down range helps create balance between all cylinders. Additionally, the tighter internal clearances cause the lifter to act as a heavy duty shock absorber holding up to higher spring pressure and higher lift camshafts.
  • HyLift Johnson is a division of Top Line Automotive based in Muskegon, MI USA. They are known in the industry as the manufacturer of the highest quality lifters for the widest range of OEM and aftermarket applications. They do all of the design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Assembly and Testing in-house.

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 07-16-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.