Old 09-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Any Update Scott?
Old 09-30-2019, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there,

Sorry I’ve been meaning to update. The mechanic had ruled out the ECM because when it occurred it didn’t do anything when he cooled it off and he replaced the ignition coil in the distributor box (hoping it’s right one because there are apparently two different ones)

The problem has not occurred since the mechanic did his last repair. The difficulty is that the temperature has cooled off and often it was too rough to run it at 3100 rpm for that long.

As was suggested I did put my hand on the engine parts - risers and manifold and they are warm but not hot.

I may have to wait until next year to know for sure that it’s resolved but it sounds and runs great and I did have it at 3100 for about 45 minutes a few weeks ago.

The mechanic said that if this didn’t fix it then it’s a ventilation issue but I would think that Sea Ray would have accounted for that in their design. If it were that perhaps I could install some type of cooling fan.

thanks

Scott

Last edited by Scottd21; 09-30-2019 at 03:58 PM.