Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Using Aeromotive pump with AN-8 What fuel lines are USCG approved for AN-8 >

Using Aeromotive pump with AN-8 What fuel lines are USCG approved for AN-8

Like Tree7Likes

Using Aeromotive pump with AN-8 What fuel lines are USCG approved for AN-8

Old 09-07-2019, 05:29 PM
Registered

Arrow Using Aeromotive pump with AN-8 What fuel lines are USCG approved for AN-8

Using Aeromotive pump with AN-8. I am making a how new system to work with my holley HP system. What fuel lines are USCG approved for AN-8.
Not going to run no namers and die.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Registered

Bump
Old 09-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Registered

My Boat: 1998 Velocity 280

I used AN fittings and Aeroquip Stainless braided hose for everything and I had an inspection and no issues from the Coast Guard inspector. The only thing they got me on was my flares were too old.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Registered

My Boat: 280 Velocity

I don't think Aeroquip hose is uscg approved?
14 apache likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Registered

My Boat: 37 Active Thunder, 30 Scarab Panther, 34 Wellcraft Gran Sport

I know a lot of people use braided stainless hose, but I would try to stay away from it. If a hot +12v cable touches it, it might be over in a hurry. I just rigged my fuel system with black AN nylon braided hose vs stainless.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: Starchaser 87 Apache 41 Warpath

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin View Post
I used AN fittings and Aeroquip Stainless braided hose for everything and I had an inspection and no issues from the Coast Guard inspector. The only thing they got me on was my flares were too old.
I like that hose and ends but salt water will make the ends split off the hose or the nuts split. Better off with push lock steel ends and pinch clamps.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: F2 Speed racer

Teague has some USCG push lock on there website............I did mine in the same stuff Rookie used, I wouldn't mix and match hose and fittings not all are made the same, stay with all the same brand
payuppsucker likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Registered

My Boat: 31 american offshore,38 fountain fever

Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
I know a lot of people use braided stainless hose, but I would try to stay away from it. If a hot +12v cable touches it, it might be over in a hurry. I just rigged my fuel system with black AN nylon braided hose vs stainless.
bingo.another concern with braided stainless is if your ground cable goes bad the current will travel through the braided stainless hose.that could cause a fire mixed with gasoline,not something i care to experiance.
SB and payuppsucker like this.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:02 AM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach View Post
bingo.another concern with braided stainless is if your ground cable goes bad the current will travel through the braided stainless hose.that could cause a fire mixed with gasoline,not something i care to experiance.
HAppened to me with a car inside with garage door cracked.. Went to set adj fuel pressure regulator and the braided line near firewall was sparking to firewall. Wooah ! It had MSD6A so the sparks where powerful and multiple. LOL. Whack, whack, whack, whack. Fixed the vehicle's grounds and wallah.

Explained why fuel psi was low too. Electric pump. Doh !
Old 09-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 1980 Wellcraft Scarab 377 twin turbo, 1984 Formula 242 LS SBC/ Alpha, 1979 Sea Ray 240 SRV Flybridge w/ twin 480's, 1979 Scarab 300 BBC 330's/TRS

Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
We had a diesel engine on a test rig at Bosch catch fire when the braided stainless fuel line touched the positive post of the starting battery it was sitting over. The fire system dumped 10 bottles of cardox when the fire sensors detected the flame. What a mess.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser