Engine oil turned green >

Engine oil turned green

Notices

Engine oil turned green

Old 09-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine oil turned green

Unsure if I have water or a lot of gas in my oil. Oil looks like green in color and smells like gas. I have an oil catch can and it seems creamy oil was coming out of the top of breather instead of going in catch can, and white on bottom of oil cap. Checked all plugs looks to be burning good and runs good.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

what smells like gas? GAS, have a mechanical fuel pump? diaphram might be leaking.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Do you add Sta-bil to your gas? It will give your oil a green tint , You might want to shorten your oil change time if it smells like gas. My 502 used to get green oil around 30 hours.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:23 PM
Registered

Has been sitting for a long time, gas has been there for two years, I’m thinking I’m just gonna pull it and freshen it up just to be safe. Have never pulled a motor with a transmission still pull the drive off or how do you go about doing it . Transmission is half in the extension box
Old 09-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 400 Likes on 179 Posts

You can leave the transmission in the boat just unbolt the motor from the bell housing.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:53 PM
Registered

If anyone knows a lot about big power blower motors I would like some knowledge or pick your brain about it
Old 09-16-2019, 06:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by JoHnSoN
Has been sitting for a long time, gas has been there for two years, I’m thinking I’m just gonna pull it and freshen it up just to be safe. Have never pulled a motor with a transmission still pull the drive off or how do you go about doing it . Transmission is half in the extension box
on my boat, 89 scarab, i pulled the trs,,,then pull motor and trans as one unit.