540 troubleshooting MAP vs. mechanical gauge >

540 troubleshooting MAP vs. mechanical gauge

Notices

540 troubleshooting MAP vs. mechanical gauge

Old 10-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Trash
It is likely lean. But....do you have the correct MAP sensor? i.e. a 1 Bar sensor and not a 2 Bar?

If your motor is indicating lean try solve that issue first. I don't care if you think you have reversion, put some fuel into the lean spot and see what happens. Trust the wide band until proven otherwise.
Trash,
Yes. 1 Bar MAP sensor. Tried a known good sensor from one of my other spare motors and have virtually identical MAP vacuum readings at idle. Also 2 different ECM’s and both display roughly the same MAP vacuum readings at idle. I don’t have the ability to tune either ECM as my understanding is that they are password protected.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by tgorbett

Trash,
Yes. 1 Bar MAP sensor. Tried a known good sensor from one of my other spare motors and have virtually identical MAP vacuum readings at idle. Also 2 different ECM’s and both display roughly the same MAP vacuum readings at idle. I don’t have the ability to tune either ECM as my understanding is that they are password protected.
MEFI wouldn't come password protected unless the folks that reprogramed it did password it. Call and ask
If no password, then just need MEFI Burn
Old 10-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

If they did password it I would *****. You paid money for a specific program for your motor.

If they didn't reprogram it and only said they did, this would put the motor in a real lean condition
Old 10-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Have you looked to see if they are password protected? Who did the tune? Bob at Mefiburn knows just about everyone's passwords, he has helped me unlock a couple
Old 10-03-2019, 06:37 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Looking at the MAP sensor vacuum reading on a Rinda, should MAP vacuum and the mechanical gauge vacuum match pretty closely?
Yes
Old 10-03-2019, 06:42 PM
GPM
Registered

Is there a vacuum port on your regulator ?
Old 10-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GPM
Is there a vacuum port on your regulator ?
Yes and it is tee’d to the MAP sensor. Have tried capping the side of the tee that goes to the regulator so that only the MAP sensor sees the vacuum. No change.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
Have you looked to see if they are password protected? Who did the tune? Bob at Mefiburn knows just about everyone's passwords, he has helped me unlock a couple
Have not looked to see. I do not have the MEFI burn software. That is good information. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:04 PM
GPM
Registered

Yes and it is tee’d to the MAP sensor. Have tried capping the side of the tee that goes to the regulator so that only the MAP sensor sees the vacuum. No change.
Do you set the fuel pressure with or without the vacuum to the Map sensor
Old 10-03-2019, 08:10 PM
GPM
Registered

Just some thoughts. If this thing just started to run lean, maybe it's an injector failure. Check your plugs and see if you have one white one, or pull the injector plugs one at a time while the motor is running to see if it makes a change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.