Question on Poweflow >

Question on Poweflow

Notices

Question on Poweflow

Old 10-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Question on Poweflow

So looking at other photos wondering if mine are correct or why the 1 ports isn't used. (see pic) After rebuild I hooked up just the same.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2019, 10:26 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

its determine by water flow also persay water volume flow and the T stat housing design. Some are designed in the mix being warm exhaust risers to aid against condensation forming and running down the internal side walls of the risers.

Some set ups jumper hose from the manifold to the riser - just depends on the set up and design.

Temp gun your risers and see what temps they are running at

Last edited by BUP; 10-09-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 149 Posts

Are those risers dry without the 1 inch hose connected or do they have passages from the manifold up through the riser gasket?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Imco's have a wet joint between the manifolds and risers. If you had the older T Stat housing with 4 exit hoses, 2 of them would connect to the risers.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Registered

Thanks will check with temp gun I have check after running and can pit my hand on the risers,,,,

Pic of thermostat housing
Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

When you have the 2 outlet Tstat housing like yours, the hoses go to the bottom of manifolds like you have them.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Registered

Thanks this site is always helpful, just an update on my systems, as some of you know I used the Holley Sniper on my motor so far 16 hrs on motor and all seem to be working fine. AFR is good, I have 02 sensors on each side so I can see how its running on each side.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:34 AM
BUP
Banned

it is best to not have very cold water flow in that water jacket portion surrounding where the O2 s are installed straight thru to the exhaust.

As you mentioned if you can rest your hands on the risers then you should be good to go. As always cooling depends on water flow and water volume.

and like I said warm risers are not a bad thing. it helps against building up condensation internally.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:41 AM
BUP
Banned

stock mercruiser went back to the check balls / spring and rod in the T stat housing necks that hose over to the riser water flow connections. Why because Merc wants warm risers to help against internal condensation build up in the risers. At idle and low rpms the check balls are barely open allowing very little water flow to the risers. merc wants the risers warm during those times.