Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   575 SCi ECM tune (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/366080-575-sci-ecm-tune.html)

PowerAddict 04-29-2020 10:19 AM

575 SCi ECM tune

Does anyone know who tunes the 575 anymore? Obviously ASM isn't an option due to the myriad of bad experiences. Does anyone know of a software that allows the user to tune?

AllDodge 04-29-2020 11:33 AM

Stock tunes should not be an issue, but if your talking about on the boat, then there is MEFIburn and a couple here on OSO maybe

snapmorgan 04-29-2020 11:46 AM

I have a few 575 tunes on an old computer. What exactly are you trying to do?

PowerAddict 04-30-2020 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by snapmorgan (Post 4736306)

I can only assume the PO did not tune the ECU when he added the small pulley and SuperChiller. I think this because It seems to still have a lot of the same manners others say these have in stock form. So, I suppose the standard ECM re-flash with the Boost kit would probalby suffice. Rev limit a little higher would be nice.

Can you use MEFI Burn with these then, Snap?

articfriends 05-01-2020 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by PowerAddict (Post 4736549)
I can only assume the PO did not tune the ECU when he added the small pulley and SuperChiller. I think this because It seems to still have a lot of the same manners others say these have in stock form. So, I suppose the standard ECM re-flash with the Boost kit would probalby suffice. Rev limit a little higher would be nice.

Can you use MEFI Burn with these then, Snap?

Yes, mefiburn will work with it. Id ask Bob at mefiburn IF he can unlock the ecu before buying the program though, starting over vs modifying are two different things. Keep in mind too, IF a 3rd party tuned it at some point and locked ecu, you will need to start over also as you will NOT be able to tune it, Smitty

NastyHabbitSR1 05-08-2020 11:50 AM

Any luck unlocking your ECU? I have the same issues. Running the blower and TBI setup on my 454s, need to adjust fuel trim.

BUP 05-08-2020 12:35 PM

I would have the ecms tested - the injectors drivers are known to have issues and cause rich to very rich conditions also what are your map sensor readings ? what are your fuel pressure readings ? what are your coolant temp readings ?

Let me know if I can help with the ecm side and a scan report

NastyHabbitSR1 05-08-2020 02:46 PM

BUP- I havnt actually run mine yet almost done building, probably a couple weeks out. I have decent size roller cams and everyone I have talked to said they are rich from the factory. I replaced all sensors and performed a ring out of the harnesses, not worried about that. My intention was to buy MEFI burn to tune, then I stumbled upon the fact merc locked the ecm. I am looking for the code to unlock, have someone unlock it or get a generic canned tune I can start with. I don’t mind purchasing the tune and unlock but I would require the ecm to remain unlocked so i can finish tuning with a wide band.

AllDodge 05-08-2020 02:59 PM

intention was to buy MEFI burn to tune, then I stumbled upon the fact merc locked the ecm.
Then your good. My guess is Bob at MEFI burn or another will have the base tune. All you need to do is erase the tune (if it is locked) then reload the base tune. The MEFI 1 and 2 didn't come locked, and not real sure but the 3 may not be locked either. Eddie Young knows would know

JRider 05-11-2020 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by snapmorgan (Post 4736306)

Joe, do you have any 575 stuff left? I just purchased two more of them for my DCB and I am looking for some 3.5" pulleys