42 Fountain water pick up locations

Notices

42 Fountain water pick up locations

Old 06-02-2021, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 42 Fountain water pick up locations

Looking for some info on best area for water pickups on a 2006 42 Fountain. I am running Imco SCX's uppers with SC lowers and running water through drives and also have one large single pickup between the drain plugs in bottom center of the V. I have too much water pressure so added a bleed off valves right after oil coolers and still run 40 psi. Now I have been told that on 42s under 130 mph the best place to run is 2 them on back of hull behind lifting strakes outside drives. I was told that center pickup creates prop slip and also makes the boat run bow down. My slip numbers are high and my boat does tend to run heavy on nose. Any one have real world experience with this?
Old 06-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

I also run just one large pickup on my 42. It's hard to give you a direction not knowing your full setup. No problems with propslip or causing bow down. It is a very efficient way of water pickup just takes some work to dial it in. Feel free to message me your number and I can give you a call.