Anyone adapt Holley EFI with the stock Magnum MPI induction system >

Anyone adapt Holley EFI with the stock Magnum MPI induction system

Notices

Anyone adapt Holley EFI with the stock Magnum MPI induction system

Old 07-28-2021, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anyone adapt Holley EFI with the stock Magnum MPI induction system

Im in the process of gathering information on how I am going to go about the upgrades to my 1996 Baja 252. It is currently equipped with a 502 Magnum I think is a 1999 platform and I plan on freshening up the long-block with increased compression, better heads and a suitable cam. My question is the induction, fueling and tuning, I would love to adapt Holley EFI like terminator X or HP if possible, curious if it can be adapted to the existing MPI system instead of going to a carburetor style intake with throttle-body injection. I am aware I will have to modify the exhaust to adapt wideband o2's into both headers for accurate tuning.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:30 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

yes it can. Get a holley dual sync distributor and MSD box to run it in full sequential. HP is the way to go.
The following users liked this post:
Joeyboost (07-29-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

Holley HP, dual sync and let the Holley control the timing and ditch the MSD.
In my thread post #174.
Holley HP EFI conversion
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/556-150
The following users liked this post:
Joeyboost (07-29-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 146 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you, im thinking about a Microsquirt to run everything. Self tuning, flexibility and the right price .
Old 07-29-2021, 01:34 PM
Registered

carnutsx2:

I run MS3Pro with tuner studio in my 1978 fairmont with a Turbo LS in it and it works great but I was thinking the new Terminator X system for the boat with is a simplifier Dominator or HP system. Now that I see it can be adapted to the existing induction system this is how I think I am going to go. Ill have my tuner for the car come to the lake to tune the boat. I need to do more research on O2 sensor placement and how that works.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:40 PM
Registered

Rookie,

I see I have alot of reading to do on your linked post! Exactly what i was interested in doing! Thank you for the info!
Old 08-26-2021, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeyboost
Im in the process of gathering information on how I am going to go about the upgrades to my 1996 Baja 252. It is currently equipped with a 502 Magnum I think is a 1999 platform and I plan on freshening up the long-block with increased compression, better heads and a suitable cam. My question is the induction, fueling and tuning, I would love to adapt Holley EFI like terminator X or HP if possible, curious if it can be adapted to the existing MPI system instead of going to a carburetor style intake with throttle-body injection. I am aware I will have to modify the exhaust to adapt wideband o2's into both headers for accurate tuning.
You will want new exhaust with long risers to avoid reversion and have them weld bungs in the risers. I have a older Holley MPI kit that is still working great, I program it on the laptop.