Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by tunertech
stock cal id is FE28 for the 454 mag EBC4
stock cal for 500EFI is DA02
the table shown is even low timing for stock 454 MAGMPI
table looks like an L-29
I think when OP is describing it as a "7.4" mpi, he meant like a base L-29 330 hp, I was surprised to see such low timing, looks like a l31 vortec when we open it w hp tuners, low total timing!
Old 10-26-2021, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

This is my 509, its not stock, Tuned by Eddie

The following users liked this post:
articfriends (10-26-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 12:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Timing tables-ACTUAL DEGREES VS "ADVANCED" DEGREES

Timing tables - ACTUAL DEGREES VS "ADVANCED" DEGREES

One thing to be careful of is that some timing tables will be the actual # of degrees you desire, but you also still have to set the base timing accurately. My 502's are this way, as it appears yours is to ALL DODGE. Other tables, like that one 454 i worked on for a friend, is the # of degrees that you are telling it to "advance". I made that mistake on that particular 454 when i put in the desired amount, but it advanced it that much on top of the base timing.
I didnt know until that day that apparently some were "actual" and some were "advance". Or maybe that what a fluke and had a setting in the mefi that would instruct it which to use, not sure. Just be careful and check it.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Cap'm Kurt
Timing tables - ACTUAL DEGREES VS "ADVANCED" DEGREES

One thing to be careful of is that some timing tables will be the actual # of degrees you desire, but you also still have to set the base timing accurately. My 502's are this way, as it appears yours is to ALL DODGE. Other tables, like that one 454 i worked on for a friend, is the # of degrees that you are telling it to "advance". I made that mistake on that particular 454 when i put in the desired amount, but it advanced it that much on top of the base timing.
I didnt know until that day that apparently some were "actual" and some were "advance". Or maybe that what a fluke and had a setting in the mefi that would instruct it which to use, not sure. Just be careful and check it.
IF you go to the "scalars" in mefi programing tuner pro, there's a scalar called 'falling reference angle in regards to next physical TDC", its my understanding THATS what correlates the tables to a base timing number you set timing to, Ive only seen one ever that wasnt 8.1 degrees and it was a hokey tune someone had hacked on, Smitty