Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   SBF 6-71 Intake (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/373684-sbf-6-71-intake.html)

Rookie 10-17-2021 12:01 PM

SBF 6-71 Intake
 
Anyone have a Ford 302 (5.0) 6-71 intake laying around? I'd need some measurements to see if this will work for a project I'd like to do.
Would be interested in buying for the right price.
Thanks

articfriends 10-17-2021 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by Rookie (Post 4809341)
Anyone have a Ford 302 (5.0) 6-71 intake laying around? I'd need some measurements to see if this will work for a project I'd like to do.
Would be interested in buying for the right price.
Thanks

Let me guess, tournament ski boat with whipple? Or, a mustang??

compedgemarine 10-17-2021 08:49 PM

I am going to the Moonshine Festival on saturday and they have a swap meet with tons of ford stuff. Dawsonville is big ford country. I can look for one if you havent found any thing by then. what is a good deal on one?

SB 10-17-2021 09:43 PM

Speedmaster (procomp) makes one and they list the height.
https://www.speedmaster79.com/Ford-S...Manifold-Satin

Rookie 10-17-2021 10:25 PM


Originally Posted by articfriends (Post 4809362)
Let me guess, tournament ski boat with whipple? Or, a mustang??

Yeah, I'm going to try to Whipple the Mustang.

Originally Posted by compedgemarine (Post 4809367)
I am going to the Moonshine Festival on saturday and they have a swap meet with tons of ford stuff. Dawsonville is big ford country. I can look for one if you havent found any thing by then. what is a good deal on one?

I was thinking $200-$300? I don't know. They're kind of hard to find used.

Originally Posted by SB (Post 4809374)
Speedmaster (procomp) makes one and they list the height.
https://www.speedmaster79.com/Ford-S...Manifold-Satin

I'm looking for the inside pocket dimensions where I could install injector bungs if I ran the Whipple dry. Might just use an injector manifold with 8 injectors and run the system wet through the Whipple. More worried about fuel distribution that way.
Also, need height of low profile distributor if I don't go with the Holley Dual Sync.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...4f108f939e.jpg

Rookie 11-26-2021 01:20 PM


Originally Posted by SB (Post 4809374)
Speedmaster (procomp) makes one and they list the height.
https://www.speedmaster79.com/Ford-S...Manifold-Satin

Black Friday 40% sale today for $246 for the win. I also bought 2 BBC 8-71 intakes and 3 LS 102mm throtlle bodies. I guess there is no turning back now...

Rookie 11-26-2021 11:02 PM

I'll update my Holley EFI thread once I start building the Whipple stuff.
And I'll start a thread on my 5.0 if anyone is interested. I still don't know how this is going to go together at the moment. I'm just winging it. lol

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...2f1b13ded5.jpg

SB 11-26-2021 11:58 PM


Originally Posted by Rookie (Post 4813466)
I'll update my Holley EFI thread once I start building the Whipple stuff.
And I'll start a thread on my 5.0 if anyone is interested. I still don't know how this is going to go together at the moment. I'm just winging it. lol

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...2f1b13ded5.jpg

Sure, wth. Not much performance stuff goes on in this site anymore. My opinion is go for it :thumbs


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.