Bravo One 496 water impeller pump removal >

Bravo One 496 water impeller pump removal

Notices

Bravo One 496 water impeller pump removal

Old 05-27-2022, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bravo One 496 water impeller pump removal

I was trying to plan the replacement impeller job and was determining the removal of the pump and bolt locations and how many? I had to lower my phone down low in the bildge just to get a view of the bolts. They don't make that job very easy.

I took a picture between the serpentine belt just above the water pump pulley. Are these the only two bolts shown in the picture holding the pump housing to the motor?

I realize there are two hoses to remove as well.

Last edited by Mariah212Z; 05-27-2022 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Adding more information
Old 05-28-2022, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Have not replaced one on a 496, and don't know your serial number
Those appear to be the only 2 fasteners that hold the pump bracket, but the idler pulley bracket (item 17) is on top of it

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/...1819/12826/210
Old 05-28-2022, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Steps

You have to remove 3 bolts, two on the pump (you have pictured) and the top bolt on the bracket (above your picture). Remove the bracket first. Disconnect the rear cover hoses and disconnect the quick drain air tubes (green/white thin tubes in your picture). Pull the pump. First time doing it probably 20 minutes after that 5.