Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   What's being built? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/376943-whats-being-built.html)

techman 08-30-2022 01:38 PM

What's being built?

The recent Cigarette shakeup thread has me thinking in general about stern drive sport boats. Lot's of CC's and Cat's with OB's pouring out of the molds, but what about classic V's and stern drives?

Can anyone chime in if they have any knowledge of what is actually being built or has been built in the last year or so? I know the market for these boats is nearly extinct...but just how extinct?

Fountain had some press around a the new 42. I think there was one done? They hinted at maybe a return of a 35? Crickets...

What else from the big names? Cig, Donzi, OL, etc.

DRAG 08-30-2022 03:01 PM

At PBC the nice guy from Velocity said they had a new 42 with 565s they were finishing. He said they will build that with 1350s if requested.

The white Fountain that Big Thunder brought with 860s was one that looked brand new....really nice looking boat that caught my eye. I had not seen that one though you all may have. I honestly thought I saw another Fountain this weekend that looked brand new as well. I could be wrong.

Wildman_grafix 08-30-2022 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DRAG (Post 4843351)
At PBC the nice guy from Velocity said they had a new 42 with 565s they were finishing. He said they will build that with 1350s if requested.

The white Fountain that Big Thunder brought with 860s was one that looked brand new....really nice looking boat that caught my eye. I had not seen that one though you all may have. I honestly thought I saw another Fountain this weekend that looked brand new as well. I could be wrong.

Velocity is building a TON of 29's with outboard power of all kinds, they did a larger 39ish to 41 depending on how you count it with Outboards. The 42 will be cool.

Fountain built a 47 in 2020 (the orange one for sale on here) and I think this year or late last year was the 42 with 860's. I think they said they had another in the mold.

Not sure about Outerlimits, and don't think there has been a new Cig I/O in years.

hogie roll 08-31-2022 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 4843354)
Velocity is building a TON of 29's with outboard power of all kinds, they did a larger 39ish to 41 depending on how you count it with Outboards. The 42 will be cool.

Fountain built a 47 in 2020 (the orange one for sale on here) and I think this year or late last year was the 42 with 860's. I think they said they had another in the mold.

Not sure about Outerlimits, and don't think there has been a new Cig I/O in years.

Im sure cig is still building I/O 515s, 42x, and 38 guns.

techman 08-31-2022 10:00 AM

Donzi reintroduced the classic 22 with a new bottom. I think there are 3 of them done and still sitting on the show room floors.

Price of entry is so high.

Maybe Matt Trulio can do a piece on the state of the new I/O performance market.