69 Mach 1 tires/gear ratio >

69 Mach 1 tires/gear ratio

Notices

69 Mach 1 tires/gear ratio

Old 12-12-2022, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
My opinion is I have always loved the looks of the Mach 1 69-70 over almost any car of that era however would rather wrench on GM’s any day of the week over Fords. Other than newer trucks etc the Mach 1 is the only ford ever owned so would only make sense.
I had a big block 69 Roadrunner back in high school in the 8os that I did a ton of motor wrenching on. Easy peasy other than getting the drivers side header in position to boot up all the time.

My brother in law had a 69 Cougar xr7 with a 351 he had owned since new I bought off him for next nothing . Car was in beautiful shape with power windows and a/c but after a week of wrenching on it I hated it .

Buddy of mine that had just wrapped his 69 Z around a tree caught me at a weak moment and I traded even up just because I swore I would never own another Ford.

I parted out the Z and bought a wrecked 69 Ss chevelle that’s came with a cherry bodied 68 parts car , soo much easier to wrench on.

Later on I bought a 81 straight 6 Bronco but thank god i never had to open the hood. After that I owned a 90 that had a 302 that when the day came to wrench on it swore I was going to put in a GM motor and trans .

Thank God I came to my senses and got rid of it before I went to hell .
The following users liked this post:
getrdunn (12-12-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 07:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I did a research quick and once I got past billy bob I was very impressed. Pretty amazing although I didn’t confirm if it works the same each time you dump the clutch. I would assume as 2nd, 3rd etc is also an issue but probably not so much once I get the rubber situation handled.

The only neg I could see is the excessive clutch plate wear but maybe not. But even then that’s the cheapest v thing to replace. Very cool. Tks for sharing.
its a pretty cool set up, the videos are a little tough to watch, I was looking at it as I have both of these going into my 55 and its going to be fun shifting it...the trans is a buddy of mine, he liked mine so he did the same thing. sending the intake out to kinsler to have them go through it and set up the vacuum lines and upgrade it to the new style injectors and lower bells to keep from cutting the hood, the intake was off a 41 apache race boat made by kinsler for merc. it has the thermostat housing in it instead of having a remote. just looks cleaner to me.