Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds >

Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Notices

Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Old 01-25-2003, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Does anyone out there know anything about the Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust manifolds? Their add, in Hot Boat, claims 55HP and 80 ft./lbs. of torque over stock, and I think they look pretty good as well. Check their site at www.danamarineproducts.com Has anyone used these?

Last edited by Sledge Hammer; 01-27-2003 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Dennis Moore

Default I like them!

I like the looks of them. In the future I hope to write a magazine article about them. They seem to be designed by someone that has put a little thought into exhaust systems. I plan on getting in touch with Dana Marine in the near future and see if they will cooperate on a magazine article. You would be surprised by the number of companies that won't even return a phone call when all you want to do is give them free publicity (Stainless Marine)!
Sincerely
Dennis Moore

Old 01-26-2003, 07:58 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dennis,
Assuming you can get the mfg to supply units, it would be nice if you could do some dyno comparisions with different exhaust manifolds on a few common engine configurations(merc 454, 502, 496 and a custom maybe 600hp or 800hp engines). Alot of people always ask on this board how much will brand X increase my HP and is it worth it. Also, where is the hp increase in the rpm curve, is it the last few hundred rpm or is it across the rpm range.

It seems like each manufacture 'claims' 40-50hp increase. Yet the real world results you hear don't seem to be that much, go figure.

Rick
Old 01-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree with rv... all these HP claims with virtually no performance gains in actual boating applications.

The concept makes a lot of sense as stated in Dennis Moore's book... an article reporting on dyno HP/Torque testing from 2000 rpms to WOT on a stock mainstream production BBC would be interesting.

Then actual boat testing with stock power vs. headers install on a single engine boat showing acceleration and top speed/rpm improvements... now that would be some good information to pass on. Weight savings and looks/fit & finish should also be mentioned.

You would think that any exhaust manufactorer with a good performing system would gladly supply Dennis/or others with a sample of their product for testing and for some good free advertising.

Jamal
Old 01-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Originally posted by Ray Walters
Does anyone out there know anything about the Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust manifolds? Their add, in Hot Boat, claims 55HP and 80 ft./lbs. of torque over stock, and I think they look pretty good as well. Check their site at www.danamarineproducts.com Has anyone used these?
Just thought I would correct the link

Yours has an extra . Period in it.

The link will now work in your qoute here.

Old 01-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

They appear to be a nice looking manifold. I am wondering if the risers/elbows can be ordered with different angles? The picture shows a down angle in their riser design and I wonder if they can be order for a straight back shot. I think that is one reason why I kind of like manufacturer's who make a riser and tailpipe as a ONE PIECE unit rather than a seperate riser and then bolt on a tailpipe to it. I'm not sure what all the pro's and con's are with the two different designs, but it seems like a customer will have more options and flexability with a tailpipe that incorporates a riser in with it such as a Stainless Marine or GIL design. Even the KE cast aluminum design header that is suppose to out perform all other exhaust systems comes cast with a down angle collector that would require a funky looking designed tailpipe for the boat hull/deck design that requires a straight back shot with the tailpipe. What do you guys think?
Old 01-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Registered

MnFastBoat
Thanks. I am not that great at this stuff. I typed it out and since it was at the end of the sentence put a period at the end. Then I went about trying to figure out how to create the link. I have fixed it now.

I am surprised no one seems to have tried these. They look good, and the price is better than most. I wonder if they will work with silent choice?
Old 01-28-2003, 07:33 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to them yesterday.
KAAMA, they will make a custom riser for you. I've got staggered engines and my forward engines risers have a 6' extension, raising the riser so the tailpipe will clear the rear engine. He said they can make it for me in Alum or stainless. I was impressed. The riser is devided off for a continuation of each exhaust tube.
I may be trying some on my boat.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:52 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Payton,
Did you get any HP figures from them for you engine before/after. It sounds like they will provide you a dyno sheet of their test results.

Rick
Old 01-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dyno sheets will availible again soon. He said with the proper air cleaner system ( I have a Gaffrig, he said that is good). I should see 26-30 more hp with my stock 454 mags. That would be with the stainless risers, The alum will work better for me, so I may give up a couple.

Quick Reply: Dana Marine Flo-Torque exhaust Manifolds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.