Notices

Drives

Old 05-07-2003, 07:00 AM
Excalibur

Question Drives

I have an older 24 ft. Excalibur with a Merc 1 trans.Increasing horsepower and know trans. will not hold and no room to install better one.Any suggestions on what to convert too,drive wise?

Old 05-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check with BAM. I think I remember reading that they could upgrade that tranny.
Otherwise a bravo? Or maybe an Arneson with the extension for the drop box and tranny?
Gary
Old 05-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Registered

Excalibur, please let me know what you do and how it works out, I also have a 24 and an putting alot of hp to it.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:15 PM
FRANKIEFRANKIE

Default Solution

Huber builds a two year warranty transmission and with a standoff box you can install a Pulse-Drive with a five year warranty. Check out www.pulsedrive.com

Old 05-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Registered

single engine+surface drive=dock damage
please check my math I could be wrong never drove a boat with pulse drives, I know every surface drive boat that I've been in was tough in tight areas though.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Registered

Look at the Imco 4x4 with a Borg Warner tranny. I think that one was supposed to be a good replacement for a TRS.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:46 PM
FRANKIEFRANKIE

Default Single surface drive

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
single engine+surface drive=dock damage
please check my math I could be wrong never drove a boat with pulse drives, I know every surface drive boat that I've been in was tough in tight areas though.
You are right, except that the Pulse Drive has twin rudders that flank the prop and it has a housing over the prop that is make to direct the water under the boat instead of against the transom. There are quite a few singles out there in the Pulse Drive and if you go to the video on their web site it has a single with a wood deck on it in the manuvering mode. Thanks and hope you look at the video. Also, the pulse drive will fit in the place of the TRS's without moving the engines.

Old 05-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just once, My chioce would be the pulse drive. I was a passenger in the boat at the dock, then drove it out in open water. The slow speed handling was better than my old single with a TRS. Once on plane there was no comparison. The Pulse drive was great.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Registered

I'tl be something to consider, I don't have the cheese right now though.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:15 PM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark Berman at Bam Marine Has specially treated Gears for the TRS Lower.He also can add a clutch plate and raise pump pressure .How much HP ?What Engine?Specs Cam etc? Tom Huber located in Franklin TN. is also a great guy to deal with.

Rob

Quick Reply: Drives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.