bunk vs. roll-on??? >

bunk vs. roll-on???

Notices

bunk vs. roll-on???

Old 01-19-2002, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUNKS BABY!!!!!!
The only time I have a problem is when the hull steps catch on the bunks when I launch, but I have yet to go somewhere where I couldn't put the boat in the water.
Puder, you a Scotsman???? Have you seen So I Married An Axe Murderer, It's hilarious when Mike Myers does his Scottish dad thing at the beginning of the movie:
"Hey, William, move that garantuan cranium, if ya can!!" LOL!!
Old 01-19-2002, 11:10 AM
BigGrizzly

I have some of each. The peoblem with roller trailes is there arn't enough rollers. I have a 16 Donzi we bough in 1966 and it has 32 rollers, thats 16 in each side, thats 32$7.00 for the rollers. that boat lives on that traler. It has no dents etc. the trick is the placement, which dealers don't usually do corectly. The biggest problem is unloading and loading. You don't just unhook and go. with the little boat, uou unwinch and than unhook. to load just hoo up and winch. this in not fun after a hot boating day. The bigger boat has bunks and my calcs mean about 50 rollers unrealistic, so it has bunks. Which BTW were installed wrong,and had to change them( its nice to have access to a nig pverhead hoist).

My opinion is the little boats have rollers so I can do it all myself and the big boats have bunks. My biggest trailer is aluminun I-Beam bunks and stainless steel disk brakes(this trailer does not float, bunks are oak and heavy). the middle sizes tailer is a galvanized with stainless disks (use to be galv backing plates, shoe brakes), all the othera are galv and galv backing plate drum brakes. The change to disk was that they work better anseasier to flush.

Randy

Old 01-20-2002, 01:01 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boathead actually i am german irish and french candian!!!

not scotch at all!!! i just think mike meyers is hilarious and like saying: