Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Where can I buy a 34" of 3/8 stainless double flared with the fittings >

Where can I buy a 34" of 3/8 stainless double flared with the fittings

Where can I buy a 34" of 3/8 stainless double flared with the fittings

Old 01-22-2002, 11:17 PM
Posts: n/a
Post Where can I buy a 34" of 3/8 stainless double flared with the fittings

You guys are right again. The only way to get a fuel line is make it. I thought I would try to buy a straight line and just bend it before I buy the tools to flare it. I can find a 30" and a 40" but I need about 34 to 36 inches of 3/8 stainless that is double flared.

I did get another line from the online place but the box was crushed in shipping. It was a light box with the line and the pattern and about a third of the box was crushed. Something heavy must have crushed everything inside. The delivery man left the box at my door and ran, never even rang the bell. The shipping company said in 4 to 6 weeks they will let me know what they think happened. It is very dissappointing to hear from a shipping company that used to be the best in overnight mail.

The company that made the line that didn't fit said that the computer messed up the line. Looking at the line it had a gradual bend that was done in two sharp bends and I doubt that a computer followed the pattern. I think the last line was hand done and not bad for a wag but it just didn't fit.

3/8 stainless is pretty tough. If anyone knows a link to a flaring tool or bender that works please let me know.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Posts: n/a

Will the ridgid brand do stainless steel?


The best that I can find is the ridgid 345-dl for flares and the 406 for a tubing bender. What else is out there?


Well I found a ridgid 506 kinda of pricy but specially designed for stainless.

Does anyone know why brake line are double flared. I know my stock merc fuel line is doubled flared but on another thread someone mentioned that a single thread is better for stainless. Is the 37 degree flare for the single and the 45 degree for the double flare? Does it really matter single or double flare??

Thanks Again
[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: flyfast ]

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: flyfast ]
Old 01-23-2002, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: so. WI
Posts: 1,562
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any high pressure line usually will be double flared- 37 degree is for AN and is used in aircraft, 45 degree is automotive. If you're using AN fittings, and need to use stainless, go out to your local airport and talk to someone at a repair station- they usually have the tools to accomplish double flares. The tools to do this (especially with stainless) are quite pricey, but usually can be found at the airports.
jafo is offline  
Old 01-23-2002, 11:12 AM
liquid lounge
Posts: n/a

Flyfast- Quit dickin' around with all this...go to the Yellow Pages and look under "Hydraulic Eqipment & Supplies" or similar. Many of these places have the capability to bend,crimp,flare,etc. anything you want in S.S. tubing,braided S.S hose, whatever you want. I had some braided stainless fuel lines with S.S. AN fittings made up while I waited. They even had neat little clamp/seperaters to parralell my return line with my fuel line for a nice clean look. Got exactly what I wanted at a fair price....the S.S. AN fittings get kind of pricey though. Good Luck
Old 01-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Posts: n/a

Stainless tubing does not take a double flair. A single 37 degree flair is used. The AN fittings that are needed include a sleeve that goes over the flair to reinforce it and keep vibrations from cracking it. These can be bought from Russel, Earl's, or Summit. Your local hydraulic supply houses probably carry them also.
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
General Q & A
09-10-2008 04:19 PM
General Q & A
08-03-2006 12:34 PM
General Q & A
06-30-2006 09:42 AM
General Q & A
03-14-2006 07:36 AM
General Q & A
03-02-2005 07:51 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Quick Reply: Where can I buy a 34" of 3/8 stainless double flared with the fittings

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser