Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Sunstream Floatlift's?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/76029-sunstream-floatlifts.html)

Reckless32 04-06-2004 04:41 PM

Sunstream Floatlift's??

I'm interested in the Sunstream make of boatlift especially the floatlift system with the solar powered hydraulics. Anyone have experience with this particular model and I'm particualrly interested in salt-water experience. Also what is the ballpark price for one to hold 10k lbs?....

boatguy 04-06-2004 11:37 PM

Is this the old reckless 28? A friend deals in the Sunstreams.I will call him tomorrow and find out a price on the lift. Saltwater?We're Mn. baby.We don't do saltwater.....

Canada Jeff 04-07-2004 05:59 AM

These lifts are no good if your are in rough water!

Tim G. 04-08-2004 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Reckless-
Give me a call when you get a chance.
954-647-5131
I'm the FL Manager for Sunstream...and can help you out...
I'm afraid Canada Jeff must have our lifts mistaken for someone elses...
The Floatlift is VERY stable and reliable in rough water.
For example:
USCG Miami Beach has two 10,500 Floatlifts. They are located right in government cut here in Miami. Yes, GC is an ocean inlet.
Their lifts ride in 3-5' swells on a regular basis.
The outer lift, shown in the pic was just hit by a 220ton ferry last week. It's still operational.
FYI- Sunstream Floatlift and Sunlift are the only GSA approved boat lift. We were the ONLY lift to pass gov't durability and reliability tests.

Lifts are Aluminum and Stainless steel, with the Floatlift using Solid, foam filled PVC floats. Lift is hydraulic, thus the floats never sink or have to be filled/pumped.

Hers's the pic of CG Miami Beach.

Tim G. 04-08-2004 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this boat look familiar??
Steve has two of my lifts..a 6,000lb, and a 10,500lb for the Gladiator..

You can see the power box for his 6,000lb lift in the pic.
The solar panel is used to charge the 12v deep cycle batt in the box....:eureka:

Canada Jeff 04-08-2004 12:24 PM

Tim G, I did have your lifts mixed up, my bad.:(

Caincando1 04-08-2004 12:25 PM

Those float lifts would work great here on the Upper Mississippi. The onces with the tanks scare me.

Anyone know if there is a distributer for them here in Minnesota. I'm gonna talk to them about sponsoring our poker run.:D

Brian

Tim G. 04-08-2004 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brian-
We have two dealers in MN.. Niccum Dock (Rockford Twp.), and Nisswa Marine.

As far as sponsoring the PR... Please email George Zick at [email protected]. George is the area manager for Sunstream and can help point you in th right direction for sponsorship.
Be sure to tell him that Tim Gallagher sent you, via OSO...

Caincando1 04-08-2004 01:35 PM

Originally posted by Tim G.
Brian-
We have two dealers in MN.. Niccum Dock (Rockford Twp.), and Nisswa Marine.

As far as sponsoring the PR... Please email George Zick at [email protected]. George is the area manager for Sunstream and can help point you in th right direction for sponsorship.
Be sure to tell him that Tim Gallagher sent you, via OSO...

Thanks Tim, got a phone number for George. Preferably toll free.:D

Brian

Tim G. 04-08-2004 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
George doesn't have a toll free line at his office...
708-767-3429 is his cell.
Or, give me your number and I'll have him call you..