Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Do you Think This Restricted Fuel Flow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/98748-do-you-think-restricted-fuel-flow.html)

Strip Poker 388 03-21-2005 01:11 AM

Do you Think This Restricted Fuel Flow

3 Attachment(s)
On redoing my fuel system on my New Whipple set up . I was taking apart the old system and needed the sending unit for the fuel pressure gage. This is a #6 gage adapter that someone screwed it in to far :eek: It was before the regulator. It is half way in to it .Do ya think it was hurting flow? :drink:

Lofty 03-21-2005 01:31 AM

Re: Do you Think This Restricted Fuel Flow

Comical! On blower motors too.... Never ceases to amaze me what people will do. You're lucky that didn't lead to a major melt down.

Strip Poker 388 03-21-2005 01:36 AM

That was on the stock motors.

Lofty 03-21-2005 01:42 AM

How's your motor project comming? Are you dressing those things yet?

Strip Poker 388 03-21-2005 01:49 AM

Yep ,Trying to figure it out now :eek: . The motors are together. I and having to fabricate some brackets and stuff.Trying to go to Precision Marine at the end of the month to dyno them. :D

Rob

Lofty 03-21-2005 01:53 AM

Money well spent! Mine just got off the dyno last week. Now it's time for the full dress before install. I don't have snorting blower mills but it pays off to get the cams broken in and everything tuned from the get go. With puffers it's pretty much a must.

KNOT-RIGHT 03-21-2005 06:49 AM

Nice catch!

I know it sounds crazy but I love finding sh@t like that!
Makes you think you could have got more out of it.

open87 03-21-2005 11:16 AM

who ever did those engines really was half a ss.

amarket1 03-21-2005 04:58 PM

Rob it it a dam good thing you go over everything with a fine tooth comb other wise you would have had some nice pistons to hang up on the wall.
How can someone let something like that leave there shop?Is it that they just do not care or are they in a rush to get the job out the door and collect that $$$$$$$?

SmallPP 03-21-2005 07:07 PM

That is a lot of weight to be hanging off of small aluminum fittings, especially considering the pounding. Can you get smaller size sensors? Those look like old style GM oil pressure senders. Todays are brass (not steel can) and the size of the water tight connector and that's all. Just trying to help.