Notices

UIM Racing Rule 104

Old 04-29-2005, 08:35 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: UIM Racing Rule 104

Funny how the UIM talent is racing OSS this year. Jim Dyke and Steve Curtis. Two premier throttle-man on the UIM Class 1 circuit are racing OSS. Which ones are running APBA/SBI this year???????? The UIM thing does not mean anything for racers in the United States. Maybe someday it will but I doubt it anytime soon even with these press releases, and that is probably all it will be, just ink on paper.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:00 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by P5NAV
Considering the limited numbers of offshore race teams in the United States, I would be very surprised to see this rule enforced. Start "suspending" teams from participation in an already limited pool of available talent would be financial suicide.

My $.02
If Rules are not going to be enforced, then why have them?

As I stated before on the subject of other association's logos on uniforms and race boats, if it was not going to be enforced, pull it off the books!

It seems unprofessional to have a rule book that you will have selective enforcement...

Let's hope they sort all this stuff out soon!

BTW: In Miami there were boats breaking the Logo Rule and no one enforced it that I am aware of.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkey,

My point or thought is that if this rule is indeed enforced, the end result may be something totally different than what is envisioned.

Let's say that this is followed through. A whole bunch of teams/racers are suspended from competing, as they choose to race with another "unrecognized" sanctioning body. Now the "pool" of available teams that can compete is reduced as well. Along comes a major sponsor/TV network, etc. - takes a look at the amount of teams that can show up for a major National Event - and says -- "Forget it".

By then, it's too late.

Let's stretch this out a little further. What would this rule do to teams that compete in some of the major Poker Runs around the country? Does this rule bar them for participating in these events as well? (You could argue this either way, I suppose).

I think that instead of trying to write your rules up to be exclusionary, keep the door open. If you have the better deal for the Racers, they will come.

BTW - I do agree with your point about not writing a rule that you have no intention of enforcing.

Last edited by P5NAV; 04-30-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:08 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by P5NAV

Let's stretch this out a little further. What woulod this rule do to teams that compete in some of the major Poker Runs around the country? Does this rule bar them for participating in these events as well?
Quite simply? YES! According to the above statement:
"The same applies to motor boating events not approved by National Authorities."

I agree, an open door policy is the best policy.

Common nature in humans:
Tell someone they can't do something and they will try to do it even more and then deal with the consequences afterwards...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-03-2005, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OPA is grand fathered in as per my conversation with Bubba Sunday. We have been long time supporters of SBI and will continue to do so. As far as being an SBI divisional, I would do it now. Naturally there is more cost to OPA to do this. We are working towards this end. Our boats cannot race OSS so it leaves us in a good postion, where we dont have to choose sides. If we ran a few of our races as SBI-APBA divisionals it would qualify everyone for Key West. Smitty
Old 05-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post