Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   Racers Milling Area - Warning!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/111270-racers-milling-area-warning.html)

SpeedGirl 08-29-2005 07:31 PM

Racers Milling Area - Warning!!!!!

I don't want to step on toe's BUT this bickering and B.S has to stop.

Some of the OSO members are tired of the jabs, the dart throwing, the name calling, etc. The Racers Milling area has been warned in the past.

Please remember that this is the Racers section. If you are NOT a racer or currently associated with racing, you do not belong in this section.

It seems as though there are a few people that like to come in to this section and voice their opinion for the simple reason of trying to blow someone else's candle out so theirs will shine brighter.

This is a warning, we don't want to have to give "Time-Outs" to members for not following the rules!!!

packinair 08-29-2005 07:33 PM

Re: Racers Milling Area - Warning!!!!!

well said..

mbowers 08-29-2005 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by packinair
well said..

Ditto, Thank God!

Wardey 08-29-2005 07:58 PM

Thanks !!! It's getting old and bad for the sport. Dave

Ted G 08-29-2005 08:12 PM

Well, you guys stir it up all day while I'm at work and now the Principal is here watching you guys throw pudding at each other-nice move :rolleyes:

Here is the deal. I have let these probing questions go on for a while because so many people are interested in this stuff. (nothing ever changes, but it's good discussion fodder.) But come on, really, enough is enough. The people that matter and take these decisions will do that without any help from this board. You guys are all "uber fans" and have all sorts of inside info (some right, some wrong) but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans when the real decisions are made. The actual racers have some amount of input-especially in OSS but the rest of us are just bystanders-deal with it. If you want to have any effect at all, race, put up money, start a race, or sell hot dogs, but questions and answers here are simply mental masturbation-sorry but it's true.

If there was a little more respect and a little more sanity here, then some of the people that actually matter might come on and really give some insight, but no, they have no need for pudding in their hair or peaches on their keyboard. I guess I give everybody too much credit, maybe I should rethink that a little....

Ron P 08-29-2005 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Please remember that this is the Racers section. If you are NOT a racer or currently associated with racing, you do not belong in this section.

Would it be possible for you to make it mandatory for people in this forum to use or at least show their real name (same as on their credit card)?

TGOR 08-29-2005 09:18 PM

Not sure what happened here lately. Seems the posts were getting positive and folks were being respectful and courteous. Then like Hurricane Katrina, the winds changed drastically and the damage has been done.

Seems it's the usual suspects whether they're racers, folks involved with racing or not. It once again is disappointing to come to this forum and see all the bickering and personal slams instead of folks working to promote and build the sport...whether in support of SBI/APBA or OSS...we all need to accentuate the positives and work to eliminate the negatives.

I don't refer any of our sponsors, race fans or potential racers to this site. Unfortunate for OffshoreOnly, but the few folks I do have interested in our team and our sport don't need to read what is said here.

Sean Gallagher
Owner/Throttle
Team Gallagher Offshore Racing
SBI/APBA P5-99

Pete B 08-29-2005 09:32 PM

[QUOTE]peaches on their keyboard

Isnt that Julie from throttle-up :drink:

fountain1fan 08-29-2005 10:57 PM

most people know me as a fan . i'm probley a little more in to the sport than i should be. i have great frends that race and know a hole lot more than i do , but i try to keep up with what is going on. i love offshore racing hope that one day i can do it./ but funds do not allow it right now. my dream boat is a fountain 31 sfc . i like to fish and, the ease of clean up on this boat i'm fountain1fan . robbie dee rogers. i doi'nt thank the bashing is worth a dam to anyboady must less the boat they love so keep it to your self . :drink:

fountain1fan 08-29-2005 10:59 PM

sorry speed girl for hi jacking your thred , robbie. :drink: :drink: :evilb: