Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Racing Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion-194/)
-   -   OSS World Championship Qualifications (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-racing-discussion/111874-oss-world-championship-qualifications.html)

OffshoreSuperSeries 09-07-2005 11:59 AM

Great News for Offshore Racers!!

OSS Welcomes Racers with open arms! To qualify for the OSS World Championship, a boat must have participated in a minimum of two offshore events, sanctioned by ANY nationally or world recognized sanctioning body between January 1, 2005 and November 15, 2005, excluding the OSS National Championship. The OSS World Championship, held from November 13 to 20 in beautiful St. Petersburg, FL, will be open to all committed racers who's boats fit into one of the six OSS classes.

Come join us for a GREAT event in St. Petersburg, FL!

CigDaze 09-07-2005 12:24 PM

Re: OSS World Championship Qualifications

Just try not to ruin it for those of us who live here. Another performance like last year, and we may never see another race in this beautiful city.

See yaw'll in Key West.

Sean H 09-07-2005 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by tomandbilly
Quick,change your rules and principals because the reason OSS was formed didn't work.no-one will notice you failed if you do it quickly enough.

ps my bank account is tapped out.time for the rest of you guys to man up and put on the races.

tomandbilly

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cash Bar 09-07-2005 01:02 PM

SeanH,.........wow..........ahh......hmmm......... :rolleyes:

Sean H 09-07-2005 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
SeanH,.........wow..........ahh......hmmm......... :rolleyes:

:D :D

(i didn't want to waste too many words on a 2 post wonder)

dhlaw 09-07-2005 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dry Sump
Question is OSS going to run the same course as last year ? Or do they plan on moving it in closer as years past with APBA

It has been pretty far from the shoreline in the past, but probably due to enviromental issues.....

dhlaw 09-07-2005 01:16 PM

I have a better idea!!! Let them race to Key West from St. Pete... a true offshore race.

Ron P 09-07-2005 01:17 PM

Dlaw, and how do you know where the course will be????

I haven't seen it posted on the OSS site yet.

Can't they even put up an announcement without you guys jumping all over them?

dhlaw 09-07-2005 01:36 PM

I have a client in the Coast Guard administrative office in St.Pete/Clearwater area. He was talking about the acceptable locations and proximities.

Speaking of posting on the OSS site.... they should go ahead and take down the picture of my Unleashed boat, its not a registered OSS Super V. In fact, it a registered SBI Super V only. Are the rest of the boats on the site registered also or do they just stick whoever they want on there???

TalkOffshore 09-07-2005 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by dhlaw
Maybe TalkOffshore will be in St. Pete...... that way I can listen occasionally while in Key West!!! Go CMS!!!!

Yes, Talkoffshore has been contracted to broadcast both OSS Corpus Christi and the OSS Worlds from St. Pete, FL.

Our next race broadcast will be OPA Cambridge, MD on Sept 25, 2005.

At all race sites, racers, be sure to stop by the booth and join Martin and Charlie talking to the folks. We look forward to seeing you.

Drew, Martin and Charlie